AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Cold Air Intakes
- Stage 2 Air Intake System: The stage 2 systems will show an increase up to 50 HP and improves airflow up to 75%. (Replaces Factory air box and factory torque booster tube with aFe intake box and AFE torque booster tube. Set up for best performance)
- Up To + 50 Horse Power & +75% Air Flow: More horse power and engine torque.
- 3 Filter Styles Available Pro 5R & Pro-Guard 7: Pro 5R Filter: Offers performance. Oiled 5-Layer progressive cotton gauze media, high flow, washable & reusable with 98.9% filtration efficiency. Pro-Guard 7 Filter: Offers protection. Oiled 7-Layer progressive cotton gauze & synthetic media, high flow, washable & reusable with 99.5% filtration efficiency. Pro Dry S Filter: This high flow, dry replacement filter offers more consistent flow than stock paper filters, ensuring increased horsepower and torque. The washable and reusable feature provides maximum convenience and easy maintenance.
- Molded Intake Torque Booster Tube: Will increase airflow to your engine your throttle response, acceleration will improve.
- Heat Shield (select models): 16-gauge powder-coated steel heat shield. , which reduces heat transfer to the intake air and blocks out engine heat. And the steel heat shield is durable and corrosion resistant. (Available on select models)
- Durable Air Filter: 100% polyurethane construction, which is durable and resistant to high temperatures and chemicals.
- Washable Lifetime Filter: Each aFe air filter is washable & reusable, which gives the filter a longer service life.
- Lifetime Warranty: The aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Systems come with a Life-Time Warranty.
- Looking for a Dry Air Filter System? Check out the AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry S Stage 2 Air Intakes
For the automotive enthusiast who wants all the power and torque he can get, AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Systems are the top-of-the-line of cold air intake systems available with Pro 5R, Pro-Guard 7 or Pro Dry S air filters. Whether it is a spark-ignition gas or a compression-ignition diesel, the more air the engine receives, the more power it generates. AFE cold air intakes offer that. For powered enhanced vehicles, whether equipped with turbocharger, NOS, propane, performance module; without more air, you are not getting maximum power. The AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Cold Air Intakes provide all the air you need. Compared to our other systems, the AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Systems replaces the entire stock air induction system to the throttle body or turbo housing. The only thing retained is the stock electronics. We make sure that our AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Systems like all our intake systems works with the stock electronics. Letting more air in through the filter and keeping the hot air out doesn't help much if you can't get the air to the motor smoothly and efficiently. Some intake tracts are better than others but there's always room for improvement. That is what we do with our intake tube. Our intakes systems use heat blocking molded tubes because you just can't bend a steel or aluminum tube to accommodate the modern engine compartment. With a molded tube, you can remove kinks, sharp bends and obstructions that restrict airflow. By tapering the tube, you can accelerate the airflow for more torque and better throttle response. Whenever we design a new intake tube, the biggest challenge is the factory Mass Airflow Sensor. You just can't place the MAF sensor any place. The modern MAF sensor is sensitive to changes in air speed and volume. Slight changes can improve performance or it can trigger the Check Engine Light (CEL). We design our tube so that the factory MAF sensor is positioned in just the right place so that you get the best performance possible without triggering the CEL.
View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
Frequently Asked Questions
Will aFe air filter void my factory warranty?
There is a law known as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty that prohibits a manufacturer from void a warranty simply because you did not use a specified air filter. They must prove how the filter actually caused the problem.
How can I tell when the filter needs to be cleaned?
What is the difference aFe's filter and those of other MFGs?
There are some subtle but significant differences between aFe’s filters and others. The best way is to take two filters for the same application and compare them. Here are some points to look for:
1. Filter media – aFe filter media is a 5 layer progressive mesh media on our standard high performance filters and 5 plus 2 more on our high filtration Pro-GUARD 7 media.
2. Pleat height and pleat spacing – aFe is generally 25% taller and more openly spaced. More open the pleats are the better the airflow. However, more openly spaced the pleats are fewer pleats you have. To have maximum filtration media, aFe offsets fewer, more open pleats with taller pleats.
3. Pleat shape – aFe pleats are more rounded like a dolphin’s nose rather than pointed. Rounded pleats allow air to flow through the tops and bottoms of the pleats themselves.
4. Seal shape – aFe uses a progressive bump seal made of 100% engineering grade polyurethane. The urethane stays soft and pliable over time and resists chemical and heat degradation.
5. Degree of wicking – “Wicking” is the amount of polyurethane that is absorbed by the cotton gauze media during the manufacturing process. Polyurethane that is absorbed into the media blocks airflow through that portion of the media. AFe strives to minimize the amount of “wicking” on all its filters.
For help with installation please call our customer service line toll free at 877-216-5446 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.3|
|Price / Value||4.4|
|32 Customer Reviews|
|I've owned K&N on my last two trucks. The Afe quality was far superior to that of what I've paid the same price for from the competition. Install was a snap. As to power differences all I can say is I embarrassed another Sierra that tried to push me out of the way getting on to I15. The thing that no one want to talk about, if you can keep you foot out of it (I know I can't) but when I set cruse control on the highway I'm getting another couple mpg. To me that is worth the money. I went with a dry filter just to try something different. Per AFE instruction a shop vac can return the filter to 90% use can't wait to try. System has been installed for about a month and loving it.|
|I have a 2007 Nissan Frontier I installed the stage 2 pretty easy to install, love the sound it make when I on the throttle started with 19 mpg now I get 20 mpg she winds up pretty good feels stronger, she was quick, but now quicker I very pleased with this product. Rjackdriver|
|Was very easy to install except for getting one of the stock bolts out, so an average of 45min install turned into a 2hr job. But happy with overall appearance and the increase and power and the engine tone.|
|This is a good solid cold air intake, easy installation, the only minor issue I had was the grommet that came with the tubing to fit the mass air flow sensor; it didn't fit tight enough, after troubleshooting a couple of other things I realized it was the problem and replaced it with a tighter fitting $3 auto store grommet.|
|Install was fairly easy, instructions were quite helpful, there was a couple of times they left you in the air about install, but with a couple scratches on the head was figured out. Only draw back was the was it sits on mounting bracket, they could have bolted it down, and the bolts that hold the top on could've been bigger and maybe 4 instead of 3. Did see better performace and more hp, but mpg suffered. Got 2 to 3 mpg. less than stock air take system.|
|Installed on my 2008 Nissan Titan with ease. Definite power increase and gas mileage went up 4-7 depending on how hard I run it. Realtrucks had the product here in about 4 days. I'd defiantly recommend this product and site to anyone. Thanks guys.|
|Great price on the AFE intake. Product exactly as described. Will shop here in the future.|
|Item was purchased as a gift for friend, upon attempting installation it was discovered that intake will not work with 2012 Tacoma V6 due to new emissions module in engine bay.|
|The cold air intake was recommended to improve fuel efficiency. It improved 1/2 MPG not what we were hoping for. Sounds pretty much the same as before. Would I purchase it again? NO! Realtruck was great to deal with though and this is in no way their fault.|