SnowSport HD Snowplow 40000/AG-40672/AG-30604/AG-40162
- Mounts easily using either a front or rear 2” receiver hitch
- Put it on or take it off in just in a few minutes
- Works with essentially any pickup truck, sports utility vehicle, or Jeep
- Made with heavy-duty aluminum
- Features a rubber cutting edge
- Will not obstruct headlights
- Order comes complete with a 7’ or 8’ blade assembly, push frame, and angling interceptor
- Plow may be purchased with or without receiver hitch
- Made in the USA - Jamestown, ND
The SnowSport HD Utility snow plow is made to be effective, efficient, and lightweight. Its simple, no nonsense design gets the job done without any hassle. Durably constructed and covered by a three year warranty from the manufacturer, this is an investment you can feel good about making that's going to make life in the wintertime a lot easier for years to come.
Whether you own a truck, Jeep, or SUV, there's a SnowSport HD Utility snow plow for you. Take your choice of either a 7' or 8' blade, and once you receive your order, installation is a breeze and requires no drilling into your vehicle. The blade also features a rubber edge, keeping your plow safe to use on a variety of surfaces including gravel, cement, or black top. It also won't damage grass surfaces.
Less of a pain than a snow blower and much less strenuous than shoveling by hand, the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow makes snow removal easier and more enjoyable. Rather than braving the cold, you can sit in the comforting heat behind the driver's wheel. The included angling interceptor allows you to set the blade at your choice of three different angles without worrying about blocking your headlights.
Keeping your path clear in the winter is made simple with the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow. It's capable of moving even the highest drifts and is equally effective against light powder, heavy slush, and everything in between. Get yours today and be prepared before the next snow storm hits.
SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
|Blade Width||84" or 96"|
|Weight||Approx. 115 lbs|
|Cutting Edge Material||Rubber|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Lift System||Free-Floating, Must be Manually Raised for Transport|
|Angling System||2 Position Manual Angling|
|Wings (Box Ends)||Yes|
|Pre-Assembled||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour|
|Finish||Anodized aluminum with black powder coated frame|
|Storage||Manually remove for storage|
|Warranty||1 Year on Plow Parts; 3 Years on Cutting Edge|
Note: If a mount is not available for your vehicle, check out Curt or Draw-Tite Front Mount Receiver Hitches.
The SnowSport HD snow plows are custom made to order. Custom built "made to order" products are non-returnable except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please call 877-216-5446.
The SnowSport HD requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the SnowSport install to my vehicle? The SnowSport Utility Snow Plow attaches to a 2" front or rear receiver hitch. The push frame for the plow just hooks up like a ball mount. Note the hitch needs to be from 9" to 16" off the ground for ideal operation.
- Is a front or rear 2" x 2" receiver hitch needed? Yes: For 2" Front Receiver Hitch we suggest you order the SnowSport Brand 2" Front Receiver Hitch. (Note: for Jeep & Ford F250+ SuperDuty applications, if you want to use a front mount - the SnowSport brand is required). For 2" Rear Receiver Hitches, any 2" receiver hitch will work provided it is between 9" to 16" off of the ground.
- How difficult is it to assemble and install the snowsport snow plow? The Snowsport Blade and Push Frame are easy to assemble. Plan about 30-45 minutes depending on your mechanical skill.
- How difficult is it to install a front receiver hitch mount? The front end hitches are designed to bolt in place on most models - occasionally, certain models my require drilling. The instructions are clear cut. The front receiver hitch is mounted to the vehicle and the push frame is plugged into the front recevier hitch. The plow simply hangs on the push frame.
- Can I install the SnowSport Plow myself? Yes, the instructions are clear cut. If you do need assistance, call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Our customers overwhelmingly say "it was simple and easy to install". The front hitch varies from vehicle to vehicle.
- How is the SnowSport Plow shipped? It is shipped via UPS/ Fed Ex Over Size 3 and sometimes it is also shipped via common carrier (truck freight) The blade is in one box, the push frame is in one box, the angling interceptor is in one box and the hitch is in one box. We select the best shipper possible depending on where you live and from which warehouse the SnowSport ships from.
- How easy is the SnowSport Plow to hook-up or un-hook between jobs? It's very easy. Just insert the push frame into the front receiver hitch and secure with pin. Then hang the blade one end at a time onto the push frame (can be done in less than a minute). Unhooking is just a easy. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How do you switch from transporting to plowing or from plowing to transporting? The operator must manually unhook the plow and lower it for plowing. For transporting simply lift the blade, one side at a time, onto the push frame. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How can the SnowSport Plow operate without hydraulics? The blade is secured by the push frame. As you push the snow, the blade travels up and down as needed by gravity pushing the snow with the rubber cutting edge and aluminum blade. The rubber cutting edge is designed to cut through the snow but pass over the harder ground surfaces below and be gentle on grass. When you back up, the blade automatically lays back, skimming over the surface. Then you drive forward and the blade re-engages for plowing.
- How well does the rubber cutting edge and box ends hold up? The rubber cutting edge is 1" thick 6" high - made of a hard rubber compound. This has been tested and proven to provide years of service. It can be replaced relatively inexpensively.
- What is the warranty? The plow has a 3-year limited warranty. See the owners manual for details.
- Can I move the SnowSport from one vehicle to another? Yes, the plow can be easily transfered to another vehicle, all you need is a front or rear receiver hitch installed on that vehicle.
- How do I know if the Snowsport Plow will work for my vehicle? The Snowsport Plow will work on virtually any compact or full size SUV or pickup. All you need is a front or rear 2" receiver hitch. Please note we recommend for the front hitch you use the Snowsport Brand. If a front hitch is not available in the Snowsport brand front receiver hitch you can use a rear 2" hitch or have a hitch shop build you one. The 2" hitch just needs to be between 9" to 16" off the ground.
- How much does the plow weigh? The aluminum blade is about 100 lbs. and the Push Frame is about 65lbs. The interceptor is either 20lbs for the straight interceptor or 35lbs for the angling interceptor.
- Anodized 6063-T6 alumium extruded blade
- 7' wide x 18" high x 3" thick (8' Blade is 8' wide)
- Heavy duty 1" thick rubber cutting edge
- Includes two blade markers
- Blade weight approx. 110 lbs.
- Shipping weight ~ 225 lbs. including front mount
How It Works
The SnowSport HD plow offers an easy, at home no drill installation (some front hitch mounts may require minor drilling). The installation manual is clear cut and easy to read. For additional information, please see the installation instructions and videos below. You can always give us a call toll free at 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906.
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.7|
|Price / Value||4.8|
|6 Customer Reviews|
|I'll start by saying that we have not had enough snow for me to use this product. This review is strictly about the purchase and installation of this product.|
Real Truck's website was very easy to navigate. I found just what I was looking for, a simple, easy to use snow plow for use at my home only, AND custom fitted to my 2001 Jeep Wrangler. I found it here at a great price. The order was processed immediately and the plow arrived at my doorstep 4 days later.
Installation was easy to moderate difficulty. You must have the right tools. Thankfully I did. You will also have to do some drilling on the plow to finish out the custom fitting. The folks at RT marked the location where I had to drill, saving me the hassle of having to measure everything. It took me about 2 1/2 hrs to complete by myself.
|I purchased a 7' Snowsport snowplow for my 2002 Jeep Wrangler. The directions and installation for the plow and the Snowsport front hitch were pretty straightfoward. The only thing they forget to mention on the installation of the front hitch device is you have to remove the bumper first and then take off the rubber bumper pads. But the bumper is very light and there is only 2 bolts on each one (very easy). Everything else was as stated and easy to install. I finally got to use the plow yesterday and was very pleased with the results. It was so simple to use and so quick. We had approx. 4" of snow and it was wet & heavy. The plow took it right down to the black top. Awesome!!!!!|
|I love this plow! It was easy to install and remove from my Jeep. With summer here I have the blade and frame stored in the garage and my Jeep is completely free of any residual plow "machinery" - winches, etc. The blade itself is easy to lift up and down from the frame - and belive me I'm in no great shape - just a typical 50+ year-old woman. My only complaint about the plow is that is doesn't lift when you back up (it swivels back when you are in reverse) - but that is a very small price to pay to not have all the heavy winch and electrical junk attached to your truck as with other plows.|
|well it finally snowed in the poconos-about 4 inches-all worked well-cleaned the whole driveway without breaking a sweat-and it was easy to install-thanks sal|
|I purchased this snowblade not knowing what I'd end up with. THe assembly was straightforward and the resulting product was well made. I can't wait till it snows......|