SnowSport LT Utility Snow Plow
- Aluminum plow blade is light enough for anyone to lift
- Lightweight aluminum construction is easy on your vehicle
- No electrics to short out or hydraulics to leak
- 1" thick rubber cutting edge will not tear up your grass
- Can be assembled in less than an hour
- Available with or without a 2" front mount hitch
- Made in the USA - Jamestown, ND
The SnowSport LT utility snow plow (formerly the snowsport 180 plow) offers home owners an easy snow removal solution and has replaced the SnowSport 180 plow. It works on virtually any Jeep, SUV, or pickup truck. Snow plowing has never been easier, say good bye to your snow blower or plow contractor.
The LT plow kit comes complete with an aluminum blade, push frame, and a 2" front receiver mount. This snowplow is very easy to operate and install. The plow has a turf friendly heavy-duty rubber cutting edge. It works great on cement, black top, gravel and won't damage grass surfaces.
SnowSport LT snowplows have a clean, simple design that makes snow plowing easy and affordable. A heavy duty steel push frame allows the blade to use gravity to follow the contours of your driveway. The forward motion of your vehicle locks the plow into action and creates a squeegee effect that no other plow can replicate. The lightweight anodized aluminum blade will not rust or corrode and since there is no wiring or lever controls, there is nothing to clutter the interior of your cab. Plus it is simple to transfer from vehicle to vehicle.
Turn your winter snow clearing chores into a fun time and get yourself a SnowSport LT snow plow!
|PLOW MODELS||LT Utility Plow||HD Utility Plow||HD Utility Plow|
|Weight||56 lbs||105 lbs / 127 lbs||105 lbs / 127 lbs|
|Push Frame Size||31" Wide x 18" High||31" Wide x 23" High||31" Wide x 23" High|
|Cutting Edge Material||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Angling System||Fixed Position Blade||3 Position Manual Angling Blade||3 Position Manual Angling Blade|
|Wings (Box Ends)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Pre-Assembled||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour|
|Finish||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum|
|Storage||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included|
|Warranty||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components|
The SnowSport LT snow plows are custom made to order. Custom built "made to order" products are non-returnable except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please call 877-216-5446.
The SnowSport LT requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the SnowSport Install to my vehicle? The SnowSport utility snow plow attaches to a 2" front or rear receiver hitch. The push frame for the plow just hooks up like a ball mount. Note the hitch needs to be from 9" to 16" off the ground for ideal operation.
- Is a front or rear 2" x 2" receiver hitch needed? Yes: If you don't already have a 2" hitch, A SnowSport brand 2" front hitch can be included with your order. Note: for Jeep & Ford F250+ SuperDuty applications, if you want to use a front mount - the SnowSport brand is required. For 2" rear receiver hitchs, any 2" receiver hitch will work provided it is between 9" to 16" off of the ground.
- How difficult is it to assemble and install the snowSport snow plow? The SnowSport blade and push frame are easy to assemble. Plan about 30-45 minutes depending on your mechanical skill.
- How difficult is it to install a front receiver hitch mount? The front end hitches are designed to bolt in place on most models - occasionally, certain models my require drilling. The instructions are clear cut. The front receiver hitch is mounted to the vehicle and the push frame is plugged into the front recevier hitch. The plow simply hangs on the push frame.
- Can I install the SnowSport plow myself? Yes: The instructions are clear cut. If you do need assistance, call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Our customers overwhelmingly say "it was simple and easy to install". The front hitch varies from vehicle to vehicle.
- How is the SnowSport plow shipped? It is shipped via UPS/ Fed Ex ground. The blade is in one box, the push frame is in one box, and the angling interceptor is in another box. We select the best shipper possible depending on where you live.
- How easy is the SnowSport plow to hook-up or un-hook between jobs? It's very easy. Just insert the push frame into the front receiver hitch and secure with pin. Then hang the blade one end at a time onto the push frame (can be done in less than a minute). Unhooking is just a easy. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How do you switch from transporting to plowing or from plowing to transporting? The operator must manually unhook the plow and lower it for plowing. For transporting simply lift the blade, one side at a time, onto the push frame. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How can the SnowSport plow operate without hydraulics? The blade is secured by the push frame. As you push the snow, the blade travels up and down as needed by gravity pushing the snow with the rubber cutting edge and aluminum blade. The rubber cutting edge is designed to cut through the snow but pass over the harder ground surfaces below and be gentle on grass. When you back up, the blade automatically lays back, skimming over the surface. Then you drive forward and the blade re-engages for plowing.
- How well does the rubber cutting edge hold up? The rubber cutting edge is 1" thick 6" tall - made of a hard rubber compound. This has been tested and proven to provide years of service. It can be replaced relatively inexpensively.
- What is the warranty? The plow has a 3-year limited warranty. See the owners manual for details.
- Can I move the SnowSport from one vehicle to another? Yes, the plow can be easily transfered to another vehicle, all you need is a front or rear receiver hitch installed on that vehicle.
- How do I know if the Snowsport plow will work for my vehicle? The SnowSport plow will work on virtually any compact or full size SUV or pickup. All you need is a front or rear 2" receiver hitch. Please note we recommend for the front hitch you use the SnowSport brand. If a front hitch is not available in the SnowSport brand, you can use a rear 2" hitch or have a hitch shop build you one. The 2" hitch just needs to be between 9" to 16" off the ground.
- How much does the plow weigh? The aluminum blade is about 100 lbs. The push frame is about 65lbs and the interceptor is 20lbs.
The SnowSport LT plow can be assembled in about 30-45 minutes. No special tools, cutting, or drilling is required. For installation questions or for additional information, please call us any day toll free at 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Note: 2" Front or Receiver Receiver Hitch requires additional installation time.
Related Articles (5)
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.5|
|Price / Value||4.5|
|37 Customer Reviews|
|Easy installation - 5/10 level of difficulty |
Function - cleans driveway fairly well. Not down to the asphalt but good enough to drive on - 8/10
Value - sitting in my nice warm Wrangler with a cup of Joe in my hand - 10/10
Cool Factor - neighbors mock me (3/10) but I finished my driveway 30' before them (10/10) so ~7/10
Ease of Use - Manual deployment, but easy manual 6/10
Sturdiness - no issues so far but only 2 snowfalls to date 9/10
Magic - Uncharacteristically low snowfall for New England to date. This plow protects against frozen precipitation, magically - 10/10!
Overall- 60/70 or ~86% or a solid B+
|We've only used it a few times and love it.|
We hope for snow and compete to be the one who gets to plow.
It's pretty easy to use, not too heavy and does a great job.
But it's pretty expensive (could have bought two BIG snow blowers for the cost).
For us, it's worth the money because we are done in 10 minutes instead of 2 hours and don't have to be in the cold more than 2.
|works great ! used it several times this season so far and it does a great job. nice product for the money.|
|I love this plow! It went together quickly and easily. This plow lets me clear the drive and yard in minutes instead of hours without tearing up the gravel or grass.|
|Only reason I shorted this product a star was because it's summer and I haven't tried it yet. The plow came in a reasonable time, so I'm happy with the service. The plow is easy as heck to assemble. The plow looks like it will work great.|
All in all, I'm a happy camper.
|I purchased the Snow Sport HS Snow Plow in December of 2010, I put it on the back of a Toyoto 4Runner. It works great my drive is 130' x 16' with a parking area on the top (It is a steap drive). I plowed the three neighbors beside me with similar drives. Couldn't be happer with it. Plowing backwards is no big deal, works great. Had some good snows this winter, I live in KC MO area. Larry Hodges|
|This thing looks really cool. It was fun and easy to put together. I can't say how it handles snow because now it is nearly 65 degrees in Western NC. It is some wobbly in transportation but seemingly everything is in a 2" hitch.|
|Plow works great. Plowed over two feet of snow with it.|
|I have a 2003 Ford Sport Trac XLS 4WD and the front hitch was very easy to install and took about an hour. I took the opportunity to wire brush and paint the front tow hooks before I installed the front hitch which is hardly visible. I also had to remove the license plate frame, flip it over and reinstall it with plastic rivets in the same holes so that it didn't block the hitch but this wasn't a big deal.
The Snow Sport HD Plow was also easy to assemble and install (about an hour) the only small issue is that the bottom of the plow frame is 12 inches above the ground (even after I reversed it and the instructions said that it should be 8-10". The plow still works very well but I think that I will need to make a drop down plate to get it 2"lower to the ground so that it scrapes the snow off closer to the pavement of my driveway. The hold down straps may also help hold the blade down to accomplish this.
I live in RI and we have had alot of snow so far this year( over 25")and I'm so glad that I bought my Snow Sport HD plow to plow my driveway which is about 100' long and steep. It used to take me 2-3 hours of hard back breaking work to clear the snow with a small snowblower and shovel but now it takes me about 15 minutes in a warm vehicle with no strain. This plow is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone who has a 4WD vehicle. I have noticed alot of envious people (especially in trucks) looking at my plow and probably wishing that they had one!
|I finally got to use this plow and it worked great. Mine is attached to a 2006 Nissan Frontier in my rear hitch and it moved the snow with very little effort. I live at the top of a mountain and it drifts a lot and this had no problem cutting through the drifts and moving the snow. I only got to use it on about 6" of light fluffy snow but I am confident this will have no problem with heavy stuff. It's all on how much your truck can handle.|