BAK Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
- Constructed of aluminum slats with vinyl overlay
- No-drill installation
- Patented rotational locking rails
- Operate from either side with automatic slam latch
- Works with most 5th wheel hitches
- Can hold 400 lbs of evenly distributed weight
- Straps hold cover in open position while driving
- 3 year warranty
- Made in the USA
The BAK Revolver X2 is constructed of interlocked aluminum slats that are laminated to an exterior vinyl skin. This provides the luxurious look of a soft cover while not compromising on security. The Revolver X2 can even hold 400 lbs of evenly distributed weight on top. One of the major benefits this cover offers is the ability to gain full access to the bed without fully removing it from the truck, and also not losing visibility out the back window. Furthermore, it allows you to shut the tailgate without first opening the cover.
Installation of the Revolver X2 is very simple. The only tool required is a 9/16" socket wrench. The side rails simply clamp to the side of the truck while the cover itself bolts to the rails at the front, rolls to the tailgate, then latches on either side. When the cover is latched, the patented locking side rails prevent the cover from being pried open on either side.
BAK Industries warrants the Revolver X2 against any manufacturing defects for a period of 3 years. The cover also is made in the USA so you can rest easy knowing the quality is second to none.
Manufactured by BAK Industries, a Truck Hero company.
Want to learn more about the Bak Revolver X2 Truck Bed Cover? View the brochure
Product Reviews Summary
|Price / Value||4.3|
|Ease of Installation||4.7|
|194 Customer Reviews|
Part #: BAK-39213 Posted on
|Nice looking cover. Easy to install, under 30 minutes. However, the vorners of the cover are seperating from the metal. Additionally while driving at highway speed the cover came unlatch grom the updraft created when big trucks pass. This caused the cover to flap in the eind like a kite. Happened three times, so mo chance of the cover not being properly secured. I now rollup the cover before getting on highway.|
|Came quick, went on easier than thought, looks fantastic.|
Part #: BAK-39330 Posted on
|When I opened the box, the rails were missing. As the instructions say, if your missing a part call BAK directly. It was a 5 minute call and the rails arrived 2 days later. Easy to install and looks great. It seems a bit pricey but an overall quality product.|
Part #: BAK-39525 Posted on
|It's a decent top but the quality control at the manufacturer is pretty bad. |
1. Raw cut, unfinished edges. I had to file down my own edges to make sure I didn't get cut. The edges are not finished black the the rest of the rails.
2. Metal shaving ALL over my top as I unrolled it. So be very careful these shavings do not scratch or tear to your top. I had my dad use the air compress to blow off all the shavings into the grass as I slowly unrolled the top. Some were actually pressed into the vinyl and I had to use tweezers on some but most came off with a soft bristle hand brush.
3. They claim custom made to fit your truck. Well No. It definitely does not fit 100%. I had to slightly bend up the ends of the frame rails to clear my tailgate. Also, from aide to side it's too snug and difficult to latch because it rubs the rails when closing.
4. When you unlatch it, it does NOT fully unlatch from both sides. I have to go manually lift the rail arm to make the rail lock fully disengage and when closing I have to go on each side to snap closed.
5. Leaks really bad at the rear corners. I used the provided weatherstripping but it still leaked pretty bad. I had to make so corner covers pit of rubber and silicone them in place to keep the water out.
6. The hold down straps provided are not very good. No matter how tight you can get them, and how you position them on the rail, the top still rolls back and forth when driving. The straps just limit the movement but do not secure it very well.
7. Oh I almost forgot. They didn't even send me the installation hardware in the box. And when I notified them, it took them a week to send me the kit. That should have been an overnight order!
All that said, it is a nice top. But as I mentioned in the title. It's definitely overpriced for the quality you are getting. I haven't had mine very long so I cannot give testimony to the test of time. And do your research, I'm definitely not the first to complain about this issues.
Would I buy this top again, yes but It would need to be priced about $400-$500 cheaper. (I paid just shy of $1000)
Part #: BAK-39120 Posted on
|Installed it in about 30 minutes and it fit like a glove. Has done a good job of keeping out water, and love how easy it is to roll back when I need access to the full bed.|
|me and my son installed in about an hour very easy|
3 Year Warranty
Each Revolver X2 is backed by a 3 year warranty. Warranty registration must be on file and/or proof of original purchase (detailed and dated receipt) required for warranty service.
The Revolver X2 is an easy clamp on install. Get rolling with the Revolver in no time! If you have any questions, give our customer loyalty ninjas a call at 877-216-5446.
|Revolver X2 Install|