BakFlip FiberMax Tonneau Cover 126207RB
- Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer Top Doesn't Dent
- Flush Hinge System
- Added Cab & Window Protection
- Modular Latches Ensure a Proper Fit
- Rail Guides Make Mounting Easy
- Quick Release Attachment System
- Made in the USA
The BakFlip FiberMax tonneau cover takes the hard folding tonneau cover to a whole new level of performance, durability, and style. Bak Industries has made several models of the BakFlip cover over the years and the FiberMax is the pinnacle of all their research and development.
The Fibermax truck bed cover has several key features that set it above other covers on the market. With this cover you get a flush hinge system that allows less dust, snow, water, or other debris from penetrating the seams. Since the Fiber Max BakFlip folds all the way up and gives you full bed access, Bak has added beefed up rubber bumpers to give your paint, cab & window protection from shifting cargo. The fiberglass reinforced polymer top of the panels ensures that you won't pick up dings or dents, unlike other covers.
Bak has designed the FiberMax to be as consumer-friendly as possible and so they added rail guides which automatically set the height and direction of your side rails so your cover looks just like a professional mounted it, even if it's the first cover you've ever put on a truck! For those times when you need your full bed open and your window clear, Bak has given the FiberMax tonneau cover a quick release system, allowing you to take your tonneau cover on or off in seconds.
You can look at many other tonneau covers but you will be hard pressed to find anything that looks as good, functions as well, or is as durably constructed as a BakFlip FiberMax. Adding a FiberMax cover to your truck is an investment worth making today!
Manufactured by BAK Industries, a Truck Hero company.
Order NotesThe cargo management, utili-track, or deck rail system options refer to the factory installed rail system designed to hold moveable cargo cleats along the inside of your truck bed. Please call us for further clarification.
View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
Frequently Asked Questions
|Aluminum||FRP Fiberglass||Vinyl Top|
|BAKFlip G2||BAKFlip HD||BAKFlip MX4||BAKFlip CS-HD||BAKFlip FiberMax||BAKFlip F1||BAKFlip CS-F1||BAKFlip VP|
|Summary||The original BAKFlip||Heavy-Duty version of the G2||Premium version of the G2 & HD||HD with integrated truck rack||G2 upgraded with fiberglass outer panels||HD upgraded with fiberglass outer panels||F1 with integrated truck rack||BAKFlip versatility with a seamless top|
|Outer Panel||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||FRP Fiberglass||FRP Fiberglass||FRP Fiberglass||Black Vinyl|
|Dent & Ding Resistant Outer Panel||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Finish||Textured Powder-Coat||Textured Powder-Coat||Matte Black||Textured Powder-Coat||Fiberglass Hair Cell||Fiberglass Hair Cell||Fiberglass Hair Cell||Leather Grain Vinyl|
|Weight Rating (evenly distributed)||300 lb.||400 lb.||400 lb.||400 lb.||250 lb.||400 lb.||400 lb.||250 lb.|
|Hinge Style||EPDM Synthetic Rubber||EPDM Synthetic Rubber||EPDM Synthetic Rubber||EPDM Synthetic Rubber||EPDM Synthetic Rubber||EPDM Synthetic Rubber||EPDM Synthetic Rubber||Seamless|
|Warranty||2 Year||2 Year||3 Year||2 Year||2 Year||3 Year||2 Year||1 Year|
|Bed Rail Clamp Material||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum|
|FMVSS 108 Compliant*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|3rd Brake Light Visible w/ Cover Open*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Includes Truck Rack||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
|Works with BakBox2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Complete Access to Stake Pocket Holes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|BackRack™ Headache Rack Compatible||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|TracRac® SR Sliding Rack Compatible||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The BakFlip FiberMax Tonneau Cover offers an easy at home no drill installation. For additional information see the install manual below or call us at 1-866-309-1907 or 701-253-5906.
|BAK Installation Instructions|
2 Year Warranty
The BakFlip FiberMax Tonneau Cover has a warranty against any defects in material or workmanship. This warranty is offered directly through the manufacturing facility at Bak Industries. Bak takes the quality of our product very seriously. That is why the highest quality of material available is utilized to go into these covers. Unlike most lifetime warranties that have loopholes big enough to drive a truck through, our comprehensive warranty covers virtually all components! In order to activate the warranty on your BakFlip FiberMax cover, please complete the warranty registration within 2 weeks of receiving your cover to ensure full warranty coverage at Bak Warranty Registration.
Product Reviews Summary
|Price / Value||2.0|
|Ease of Installation||4.0|
|1 Customer Review|
Part #: BAK-126207RB Posted on
|When I got the cover put on the truck I could not figure out what about it justified an $800 price. It fits well and looks nice, but there really isn't anything "wow" about it. |
On the Pro side, it does look very good on the truck and rests nicely on the cargo rails in the bed. While it keeps most of the weather out, I'd advise against putting anything in the bed unprotected that absolutely can't get wet. It's poured rain and snows a few times since I installed it, and every time there's some leakage into the bed; not much, but is't still there.
On the negative:
- The instructions was labelled for a 2010 model, not my 2012. It's basically the same, but there were just enough differences to cause some difficulty. Additionally, the instructions are a single page of paper with about 30 1"x1.5" color photos and very abreviated written instructions. You can figure it out, but you shouldn't have to.
- Once you install the mounting brackets in the rail system, you lose the ability to move the cleats around without taking all the brackets out. It would be nice if the instructions made this fact clear so you could put the brackets where you want them. Oh, FYI, if you put the cleats where the instructions say, you'll have to do some shifting to get the rod brackets in place.
- The bolts for the rod brackets are too wide; probably a result of basing it on the 2010 model. It wasn't alot and I was able to widen the slot in the rail enough for the bolt but, again, for the money that's not something I should have had to do.
- The drain tubes at the rear of the track hang out into the cargo area. My guess is that they'll get hooked and pulled out more than once getting plywood and what not into the back.
- Finally, be prepared to spend some time tweaking the installation so that everything fits. I had to adjust all the brackets so the latches would fit and spend about 20-minutes trying to get the placement just right in the bed so the gaskets fit correctly on the front and back.
- You'll need some sealant for a couple of the seams and holes. This step is in the instructions, but no sealant is included. Again, for the money, would it have killed them to include a tube?
Overall, it's a nice product and does what I wanted it to do. It looks good on the truck and with my locking tailgate should keep things relatively safe back there. But when I got it out of the box and compare what was there with the charge on the credit card, I was left feeling a little let down.