Magnaflow Exhaust System 16522
- Mandrel bent, wide-diameter pipes increase exhaust flow, boosting engine performance
- Constructed of T-409 stainless steel
- Dyno tested and proven
- Improved fuel mileage
- Perfectly balanced deep, throaty rumble
- Easy to install
- Made in the USA – Oceanside, CA
Everyone wants more horsepower & torque, greater fuel efficiency, and a meaner sound. Magnaflow Performance gas exhaust systems are engineered to increase performance while sounding great. If you're looking to upgrade your ride, a new exhaust is a great place to start, and Magnaflow is the best in the business.
Magnaflow uses larger diameter, mandrel bent pipes to increase exhaust flow, which helps to boost performance and fuel efficiency. 1/2" overlapped welds ensure a leak-free exhaust system. Great care has been taken to ensure the exhaust rumble is a smooth throaty sound, and not an overwhelming drone.
All of the MagnaFlow gas exhaust systems use stainless steel construction for a long lasting, rust free life. Tips and mufflers are included, and polished to a mirror-like finish. A flow through performance muffler with acoustical fiberfill creates a quiet interior drone and the desired exterior rumble. Every exhaust kit is tested and dyno proven for optimal performance.
Boost your ride's performance with a Magnaflow Performance gas exhaust system. Your car will thank you with better fuel efficiency and greater get-up-and-go.
View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
- 2009-2010 Ford F150 5'7" Bed, SuperCrew, 4.6L V8, 5'7" Bed, SuperCrew, 4.6L V8
- 2009-2010 Ford F150 5'7" Bed, SuperCrew, 5.4L V8, 5'7" Bed, SuperCrew, 5.4L V8
- 2009-2010 Ford F150 6'7" Bed, SuperCab, 4.6L V8, 6'7" Bed, SuperCab, 4.6L V8
- 2009-2010 Ford F150 6'7" Bed, SuperCab, 5.4L V8, 6'7" Bed, SuperCab, 5.4L V8
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Will I get better gas mileage with Magnaflow Performance Exhausts?
Answer: A better performing engine runs more efficiently using less gas, as long as you drive similarly. Magnaflow mufflers are designed to be performance mufflers.
Question: How much horsepower can I expect to gain?
Answer: Every vehicle is different, but average horsepower gain is about 10%.
Switching to Magnaflow muffler/exhaust helps increase power by expelling exhaust gases faster making the engine work less and run more efficient.
Question: Why is Magnaflow the best exhaust system?
Answer: Magnaflow outperforms, looks better, and sounds deeper than all other exhaust systems. The Research and Development Team at Magnaflow invests numerous hours to ensure the products stay competitive and outperform the competition. Magnaflow cat back exhausts feature straight-through flow designs for ultimate, unrestricted horsepower and torque, yet they maintain efficiency.
Every Magnaflow exhaust system is engineered specifically for your rig. For additional information please call our Customer Loyalty staff 877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906.
|Magnaflow 16522 Installation Instructions|
Limited Lifetime Warranty
MagnaFlow covers all exhaust systems with a lifetime warranty. The warranty protects you against manufacturing defects in materials and quality of workmanship. The warranty does become void if installed improperly, misused, altered or damaged in an accident. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to call our wonderful customer service department at 1-877-216-5446.
Product Reviews Summary
|Price / Value||4.0|
|Ease of Installation||2.0|
|1 Customer Review|
Part #: MAG-16522 Posted on
|Initially, there were a few disappointments with this product: |
1. The end of one of the exhaust tips was bent (something that clearly happened at the factory, since the box was unharmed). So I did my best to bend/hammer it back since I didn't feel like returning the product and waiting another week or two.
2. This kit did not come with enough nuts or washers to complete the install, and the screws did not fit. Magnaflow just assumed I would be able to reuse the screws/nuts from my old exhaust, but the nuts were welded onto my old exhaust. Also, my original screws were not long enough to reuse with the Magnaflow system. Luckily, I was able to find some screws/nuts in the auto center to make it work.
3. If you want the exhaust tips to come out pretty close to body panels so that you don't lose much clearance in front of your tire, the muffler will have to hang pretty low to achieve this angle. In order to remedy this, I had to take an angle grinder and grind down a suspension bracket on my truck.
With all of that being said (and a lot of sweat and headache in the shop), here is the upside of this Magnaflow exhaust:
It sounds AMAZING. Truly couldn't imagine it sounding better. If a lion, a bear, and t-rex all had a baby, and that baby grew into a big strong lirexbear and it roared, that's what this sounds like if you floor it. But then when you get to speed and lay off the gas, it's totally silent. Pretty awesome.
All in all, it was worth the headache for me since it sounds awesome. This was installed on a 2010 F150 5.4L Supercrew by the way, and I recommend having a friend help.