MBRP Dual Exhaust System S7002304
- Designed for an exacting, vehicle-specific fit
- Mandrel bent tubing provides optimum flow
- Available in aluminized or stainless steel
- Select applications are available in a black ceramic finish
- Easy OEM style bolt-on installation
MBRP Exhaust System Series
- Installer Series - Constructed from heavy duty aluminized steel (good)
- XP Series - Constructed from T409 stainless steel (better)
- Pro Series - Constructed from T304 stainless steel (best)
- Black Series - Constructed from heavy duty aluminized steel with a black ceramic coating
Exhaust System Types
- Cat Back Exhaust - Replaces the system from the catalytic converter to the rear bumper
- Axle Back Exhaust - Replaces the system from the rear axle to the rear bumper
- Header Back Exhaust - Replaces the system from the headers to the rear bumper
- Turbo Back Exhaust - Replaces the system from the turbo to the rear bumper (diesel applications only)
- Downpipe Back Exhaust - Replaces the system from the turbo downpipe to the rear bumper (diesel applications only)
- DPF Back Exhaust - Replaces the system from the diesel particulate filter to the rear bumper (diesel applications only)
An easy way to improve the way your car or truck performs is to add an exhaust system. Adding an exhaust will help improve your power, torque, and fuel economy. MBRP exhaust systems gives you all of these benefits and a rich, mellow sound.
MBRP uses nothing but the highest quality materials in all of their exhausts. Four distinct styles of exhaust kits are offered by MBRP to fit anyone's budget. You can choose to go with Installer Series, Black Series, XP Series, or Pro Series. All of MBRP's exhausts are made with the same attention to detail and they are designed to give you the best possible fit.
Installing a MBRP exhaust is fairly simple and easy. They've designed each exhaust system to fit your truck or car without any drilling or cutting. The included easy to follow instructions even have pictures to assist you through the installation process. In fact, it should only take you a little over an hour to get you new exhaust bolted up.
No matter what your budget or where you live, there is a MBRP exhaust system for you. Get yours now and start to experience all the benefits, including saving money at the pump! And did we mention the mellow rumble your exhaust will have? You'll definitely have heads turning when you come rolling up the boulevard!
View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between T304 and T409 Stainless?
T304 stainless steel will not oxidize or rust, it can however develop a golden color when exposed to high heat over time. T409 stainless steel has a fair amount of ferrous material in it and can show surface oxidization after some time, especially when exposed to road salt. This can be prevented by applying a stainless steel cleanser using a scouring pad. If you are concerned about long-term appearance, you should get the T304 system. If you are more concerned about the price, but want something that is more durable than aluminized steel, then the T409 system would be the system of choice.
WHAT IMPROVEMENTS CAN I EXPECT IN TORQUE, HP AND TEMPS?
While performance gains vary depending on the vehicle you can expect a gain of 5% to 10% in horsepower and torque. For example, with a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado with a Duramax diesel engine you will see a gain of 18HP and 28 ft/lbs measured at the rear wheels. You can also expect a reduction in exhaust gas temperature (EGT) by approx 200° F.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE BETWEEN DUALS AND SINGLE EXHAUST SYSTEMS?
The performance gains are the same for duals and single systems. The duals offer a deeper more aggressive sound over the single system. This is due to the extra tail pipe and the fact that most dual systems have a slightly different muffler configuration than the single systems.
WHAT DOES "OFF - ROAD" MEAN?
An "Off-road" system is designed to deliver all out power gains. These systems make no provisions to retain the factory catalytic converter. Some jurisdictions do not allow the removal of your vehicle's catalytic converter therefore they can only be legally used off of the highways.
DO EXHAUST KITS INCLUDE ALL CLAMPS & INSTRUCTIONS?
All kits come complete with the required hardware as well as clear, easy to read instructions with lots of pictures to help you work your way through your installation.
WILL I HAVE TO WELD ANY COMPONENTS WHEN INSTALLING AN MBRP SYSTEM?
None of the MBRP exhaust systems require any welding. In fact, these systems can be installed using common hand tools.
WILL AN MBRP SYSTEM FIT A DUALLY TRUCK?
All of MBRP’s exhaust systems will fit dual rear wheel (dually) trucks. MBRP does recommend that tips be installed to extend the exhaust and avoid any discoloration of your vehicle.
WHAT SIZES IS MBRP EXHAUST?
For diesel vehicles MBRP offers performance exhausts in 4" and 5" diameter. Due to fitment issues some of the diesel systems come with a 3.5" down pipe. Performance gas systems use 2.5” to 3.5" tail pipes. The front pipes also vary from 2.5" to 3.5" depending on the size of the factory exhaust.
WHAT IS YOUR DOWN PIPE SIZE FOR THE FORD?
There are a few different sizes for down pipes for Ford trucks. For 94-97 trucks the pathway for the down pipe is very restrictive. In fact, the factory down pipe for these trucks are flat, approximately 1.5" in height. Our down pipe is 3" in diameter. For the 99-03 model years with the 7.3L Power Stroke diesel the down pipe is 4" and the 03-06 model years with the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel the down pipe is 3.5".
WILL THIS SYSTEM FIT TO MY TRUCK BED SIZE?
The majority of the diesel and many of the gas systems are designed to fit all bed sizes and cab configurations. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us toll free at 1-877-216-5446.
WHAT GAUGE IS THE STEEL THAT MBRP USES?
All of the pipes are made from 14ga and 16ga tubing.
WILL THE DUAL EXHAUST FIT AROUND MY HITCH?
All diesel exhausts will fit with factory installed trailer hitches as well as most aftermarket bolt-on hitches. You may run into interference problems if you have a fifth wheel or gooseneck hitch installed. In that case we recommend installing a single system.
DOES MBRP MAKE AN EXHAUST FOR THE FORD F-450 OR F550?
We now offer a turbo back system for the 6.0L Ford F350/F450/F550. We also sell both single and dual filter back systems for the 6.4L Ford F350/F450.
IS THE MIRROR POLISHED DIESEL TIP INCLUDED?
Tips are included with all of our 4" diesel applications (except as noted). Tips are included with all gas applications except the off-road systems where the tail pipe is a turn down style for added clearance.
MY PICKUP HAS A 137" WHEEL BASE... WHAT CAB SIZE IS THAT?
Heavy Duty or Super Duty pickup with a 137" wheelbase is a regular cab long bed configuration.
DOES MBRP MAKE EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR THE CAB & CHASSIS TRUCKS?
We now offer a turbo back system for the 6.0L Ford F350/F450/F550 Cab and Chassis configuration.
WHAT EXHAUST TIP IS INCLUDED WITH MBRP EXHAUST SYSTEMS?
Our 4" Pro Series diesel systems come complete with dual walled angle tips. The single exit Pro Series has a straight cut T5049. The XP and Installer Series have an angled rolled end tip(s). Performance Gas, Muscle car and Jeep exhaust have a variety of tip designs to suit the style and application. In all cases the tips are mirror polished 304 stainless steel except for the Black Series systems which have a coated black tip. Our 5" diesel do not have a tip included nor do systems with a turn down tail.
DO YOU MAKE A TURBO DOWN PIPE FOR THE DURAMAX?
In the fall of 2009 MBRP introduced the GM8424 3" down pipe for all LLY/LBZ/LMM Duramax engines coated in a high heat black finish.
WHICH WAY SHOULD I INSTALL THE MUFFLER?
The muffler on the single diesel systems should be installed to allow the exhaust gasses to flow smoothly over the louvers on the muffler core. If the muffler is installed so that the louvers catch the exhaust gases it will increase resonance levels inside the vehicle.
HOW SHOULD THE DUALS MUFFLER BE MOUNTED... VERTICAL / HORIZONTAL?
It depends on the model of vehicle involved. The systems for the Chev/GMC Duramax and the Ford Power Stroke position the muffler outlets vertically. The systems for the Dodge trucks with the Cummins motor have the muffler positioned with the outlets horizontal.
CAN I LEAVE THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER IN?
Yes, the catalytic converter can be retained for all current model trucks. Be sure you have purchased the correct system that will allow you to retain the converter.
WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE MBRP TIPS?
Various sized tips are offered from 2 1/2" to 6". All of our tips are mirror polished 304 stainless steel and many are now available in black.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A MBRP EXHAUST COMPARED TO THE STOCK?
By installing an MBRP exhaust system you will see an increase in horsepower and torque. Fuel mileage gains may be noticed as well as a decrease in exhaust gas temperatures (EGTs). By lowering EGTs you will increase your turbo longevity.
WHAT STYLE OF MUFFLER IS USED?
The muffler used on all diesel systems is a straight flow through design with a spiral louver core. The muffler is packed with stainless steel wool which is then wrapped with a ceramic fiber blanket. This combination creates the deep mellow exhaust note that MBRP is known for. Gas systems use a variety of high flow muffler designs utilizing the same spiral louver core design as the diesel mufflers or tuned chamber designs specific to the application intended.
WILL MBRP DUALS FIT MY TRUCK IF I HAVE A GOOSE NECK HITCH?
We do not recommend installing dual exhaust on vehicles equipped with a goose neck hitch. The under bed structure of the goose neck hitch and the driver side tail pipe interfere with each other. MBRP recommends using a single exhaust system if a goose neck is installed on the vehicle.
Installer Series - Aluminized Steel (Good)
- The Installer Series exhaust is made from heavy gauge aluminized steel. It's designed to provide maximum value to the price conscious consumer while still providing the same high quality of design and craftsmanship as more expensive options. The MBRP Installer Series exhaust is the best value priced exhaust system on the market and is well suited for areas with moderate environmental conditions. All Installer Series exhaust systems include polished tip(s) and a 3 year warranty.
Black Series - Aluminized Steel (Good)
- The Black Series line of exhaust kits from MBRP offers the same great features and benefits of the Installer Series with one very unique twist. The aluminized steel is given a durable black ceramic coating on all of the components, giving you that "murdered" look. MBRP offers a one year warranty on the ceramic coating and a 3 year warranty on the components of Black Series exhaust kits.
XP Series - T409 Stainless (Better)
- Rugged and dependable, the XP Series exhaust is MBRP's mid level exhaust system. It's constructed of 409 stainless steel and will stand up to the harshest conditions. The stainless components also resist rust and corrosion. A polished tip(s) is included with each exhaust system for a complete look. MBRP is confident in the durability of the XP Series exhaust and back it up with a lifetime warranty. That is the absolute best warranty for a T409 system in the industry.
Pro Series - T304 Stainless (Best)
- For the serious performance enthusiast who demands the best of the best, MBRP offers the Pro Series exhaust system. For your truck, SUV, or muscle car there is no better stainless steel than T304 and no better system than the MBRP Pro Series exhaust. With the highest chromium and nickel content available, this is simply the most durable exhaust system money can buy and it comes backed by a lifetime warranty. All Pro Series exhaust systems include a polished 304 stainless tip(s).
Each exhaust series is manufactured using the same procedures to exact same specifications to ensure consistency and quality craftsmanship. All three series use the same jigs and welding techniques to ensure you get an equally good fit and finish regardless of your budget. Rest assured, the raw materials used are the only thing that differentiates the costs between the systems.
MBRP has made installing one of their performance exhausts as simple and easy as possible. Each kit is designed specifically for your truck, car, or SUV and only normal hand tools are required. You can install this right at home in your garage without any drilling or cutting. The instructions included with each system are easy to follow and clear cut. For additional information please check out the example installation instructions below or call us at 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906.
|MBRP S7002304 Installation Instructions|
Limited Lifetime SS / 3 Years Black / 3 Years Aluminized Steel / 1 Year on Ceramic Coating
MBRP offers the following warranties on their exhaust systems
Pro Series - 304 stainless steel systems - limited lifetime warranty
XP Series - 409 stainless steel systems - limited lifetime warranty
Installer Series - aluminized steel systems - Three (3) years
Black Series - black ceramic coated aluminized steel systems - Three (3) years for the components and One (1) year for the ceramic coating
Remember: You MUST send your warranty card and a proof of purchase to MBRP to activate your warranty. All warranties are from the date of purchase