- 5.5 hp Motor: A 5.5 hp 12V Wound motor offers long life and plenty of pulling power.
- 3 Stage Planetary: A 3 Stage Planetary Drive System features 172.8:1 gear ratio that offers class leading torque and performance. Rugged Ridge winches are designed for heavy duty to get you out of the tightest spots without fail.
- 12' Wired Remote: Rugged Ridge winches feature a convertible solenoid box that can be mounted in a number of positions for added flexibility. A 12' wired remote allows users added mobility and the ability to stand safely out of the way.
- Wire Steel Line: The Heavy Duty 8,500 lb Rugged Ridge Winch comes equipped with 94' of 5/16" wire rope with a latched hook. It's also equipped with a roller fairlead that is pre-drilled for two off road lights.
- Synthetic Rope: The Performance 8,500 lb Rugged Ridge Winch features 100' of 11/32" synthetic rope constructed with SK-75 fibers. It's up to 40% stronger than Kevlar and 1/7 the weight of same size wire rope. It's fed through a Hawse Fairlead and equipped with a black finish, latched hook. Synthetic rope will not splinter or kink and if it snaps will store much less energy than wire ropes for safer operation.
Rugged Ridge is proud to announce their all new winch line of offroad recovery winches. Designed to be durable, tough, and affordable they offer a lineup of winches that includes their 8,500 lb line of winches equipped with a 5.5 HP motor that offers plenty of pulling power and long life. The Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb winch is equipped with a 3 stage planetary gear box that features a 172.8:1 gear ratio that offers plenty of torque to handle the toughest terrain. An automatic load holding brake offer added protection and safety under even the most extreme conditions. The Rugged Ridge Winch Body features steel construction with stainless steel hardware and bolts. Top mounted solenoids feature adjustable mounting brackets that users to customize the mounting position or tilt the box forward to accommodate anyone's needs. This allows the Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb winch to be mounted on virtually any offroad bumper, bullbar, or carrier. All winches allow free-spooling action and come with a 12' all weather remote that can be mounted in multiple positions. When purchasing the Rugged Ridge 8,500 winch users can choose between a wire rope (94' x 5/16") or synthetic rope (100' x 11/32"). The wire rope option comes with a roller fairlead with dual light mounts offering excellent strength and versatility while the synthetic rope option utilizes a Hawse fairlead, is 85% lighter than a same size steel line, and it will never kink or splinter. Both Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb winches come with a latched hook and are backed by a 2 Year Warranty.
View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
8,500 LB Line Speed & Amp Draw
|Line Pull||Lbs|| NO||2000||4000||6000||8000||8500|
2 Year Warranty
Rugged Ridge 8,500 lb offroad winches are backed by a 2 Year Warranty.