Lund Hitch Hand Truck Bed Extender
- Carry Extended payloads - with the Hitch Hand truck bed extender from Lund
- Constructed of Heavy-Duty Steel for the most demanding jobs, the Hitch Hand acts as a rugged, multi-use extension of a truck's bed, providing extra support for long loads as well as a handy, on-the-job workspace.
- Patented Side Wall Support Bar: A patented steel wall support bar provides 7" of added ground clearance and acts like a spring, flexing with the vehicles suspension.
- Adjust from 27" to 49" Wide: To accommodate wide cargo.
- Adjustable Length: The Hitch Hand's 4 way design also allows users to extend the length from 38"-68".
- 750lb Capacity: The Hitch Hand delivers a generous 750-pound distributed load capacity.
- The side supports are designed to fold down to create a portable sawhorse or worktable.
- Fits All 2" Hitches: The Hitch Hand fits in standard 2" receiver hitches.
- DOT Compliant: Comes complete with D.O.T. approved red/white reflective tape and safety flag.
Carrying extended payloads is easier than ever before - with the Hitch Hand truck bed extendor from Lund. Constructed of heavy-duty steel for the most demanding jobs, the Hitch Hand acts as a rugged, multi-use extension of a truck's bed, providing extra support for long loads as well as a handy, on-the-job workspace. A patented steel wall support bar provides 7" of added ground clearance and acts like a spring, flexing with the vehicles suspension. Plus, the Hitch Hand features side wings that adjust from 27" to 49" to accommodate wide cargo like full sheets of plywood and drywall. The Hitch Hand delivers a generous 750-pound distributed load capacity. The side supports are designed to fold down to create a portable sawhorse or worktable. The Hitch Hand fits in standard 2" receiver hitches and comes complete with D.O.T. approved red/white reflective tape and safety flag.View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.9|
|Price / Value||4.9|
|39 Customer Reviews|
|I bought this to give support while carrying my 14 ft canoe. It does the job and gives a place to tie down further out along, not just at the end in the bed. It only takes a minute or so to fully assemble and attach to truck.|
|Have had several people comment on this product to us.|
|Excellent forhauling several 12 ft 2x4s on a short bed pick up.While on a highway Felt very sturdy while doing so.|
|we bought this to haul some 16 ft. material, which we will be doing tomorrow,but we tried it out on some 14 ft. 2x6 and it rode just fine|
|I have unpackaged and installed but have not used yet. Plan to use for hauling long lumber. From what I see, it will work fine, several ways to adjust, etc.|
|It came out of the box and assembled easily. I like it.|
|This is a great product! We use it as a bed extender to carry our 12" kayaks.|
|I purchased this extender to haul my canoe in the bed of my truck without having to put it up above the cab. The extender easily met my need! I hauled my 17' canoe with only a bungy cord around the back support, no movement on woods roads! I believe with full extension of the extender, I can haul my 20' canoe with ease.|
|I purchased this bed extender to haul my 16 foot canoe, and it does a great job.|
|I purchased the Lund Hitch Hand bed extender mainly for carrying my kayak(13'5" long, about 70lbs as rigged). I chose this particular model because of the adjustability - I wanted to carry the kayak with the nose supported on my toolbox and the back supported by the bed extender(just above the tailgate), leaving the truck bed clear for hauling other items. I was able to set up the Hitch Hand this way, but with the original configuration I could not open the tailgate with the kayak loaded. So I made a simple extension about 18" long using heavy square tube and now I can open the tailgate.
Overall, I am very pleased with the Hitch Hand; very sturdy and easy to set up. I am a bit disappointed that it is made in China. There was a bit too muck slack/movement for me with the original setup, so I used a piece of stainless shimstock to tighten up the truck reciever mount and drilled and tapped(3/8" bolts) a couple of places on the Hitch Hand. This reduced the movement significantly.