SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
- Mounts easily using either a front or rear 2” receiver hitch
- Put it on or take it off in just in a few minutes
- Works with essentially any pickup truck, sports utility vehicle, or Jeep
- Made with heavy-duty aluminum
- Features a rubber cutting edge
- Will not obstruct headlights
- Order comes complete with a 7’ or 8’ blade assembly, push frame, and angling interceptor
- Plow may be purchased with or without receiver hitch
- Made in the USA - Jamestown, ND
The SnowSport HD Utility snow plow is made to be effective, efficient, and lightweight. Its simple, no nonsense design gets the job done without any hassle. Durably constructed and covered by a three year warranty from the manufacturer, this is an investment you can feel good about making that's going to make life in the wintertime a lot easier for years to come.
Whether you own a truck, Jeep, or SUV, there's a SnowSport HD Utility snow plow for you. Take your choice of either a 7' or 8' blade, and once you receive your order, installation is a breeze and requires no drilling into your vehicle. The blade also features a rubber edge, keeping your plow safe to use on a variety of surfaces including gravel, cement, or black top. It also won't damage grass surfaces.
Less of a pain than a snow blower and much less strenuous than shoveling by hand, the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow makes snow removal easier and more enjoyable. Rather than braving the cold, you can sit in the comforting heat behind the driver's wheel. The included angling interceptor allows you to set the blade at your choice of three different angles without worrying about blocking your headlights.
Keeping your path clear in the winter is made simple with the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow. It's capable of moving even the highest drifts and is equally effective against light powder, heavy slush, and everything in between. Get yours today and be prepared before the next snow storm hits.
|PLOW MODELS||HD Utility Plow||HD Utility Plow||LT Utility Plow|
|Weight||105 lbs / 127 lbs||105 lbs / 127 lbs||56 lbs|
|Push Frame Size||31" Wide x 23" High||31" Wide x 23" High||31" Wide x 18" High|
|Cutting Edge Material||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Angling System||3 Position Manual Angling Blade||3 Position Manual Angling Blade||Fixed Position Blade|
|Wings (Box Ends)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pre-Assembled||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour|
|Finish||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum|
|Storage||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included|
|Warranty||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components|
Note: If a mount is not available for your vehicle, check out Curt or Draw-Tite Front Mount Receiver Hitches.
The SnowSport HD snow plows are custom made to order. Custom built "made to order" products are non-returnable except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please call 877-216-5446.
The SnowSport HD requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the SnowSport Install to my vehicle? The SnowSport utility snow plow attaches to a 2" front or rear receiver hitch. The push frame for the plow just hooks up like a ball mount. Note the hitch needs to be from 9" to 16" off the ground for ideal operation.
- Is a front or rear 2" x 2" receiver hitch needed? Yes: If you don't already have a 2" hitch, A SnowSport brand 2" front hitch can be included with your order. Note: for Jeep & Ford F250+ SuperDuty applications, if you want to use a front mount - the SnowSport brand is required. For 2" rear receiver hitches, any 2" receiver hitch will work provided it is between 9" to 16" off of the ground.
- How difficult is it to assemble and install the snowSport snow plow? The SnowSport blade and push frame are easy to assemble. Plan about 30-45 minutes depending on your mechanical skill.
- How difficult is it to install a front receiver hitch mount? The front end hitches are designed to bolt in place on most models - occasionally, certain models my require drilling. The instructions are clear cut. The front receiver hitch is mounted to the vehicle and the push frame is plugged into the front receiver hitch. The plow simply hangs on the push frame.
- Can I install the SnowSport plow myself? Yes: The instructions are clear cut. If you do need assistance, call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Our customers overwhelmingly say "it was simple and easy to install". The front hitch varies from vehicle to vehicle.
- How is the SnowSport plow shipped? It is shipped via UPS/ Fed Ex ground. The blade is in one box, the push frame is in one box, and the angling interceptor is in another box. We select the best shipper possible depending on where you live.
- How easy is the SnowSport plow to hook-up or un-hook between jobs? It's very easy. Just insert the push frame into the front receiver hitch and secure with pin. Then hang the blade one end at a time onto the push frame (can be done in less than a minute). Unhooking is just a easy. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How do you switch from transporting to plowing or from plowing to transporting? The operator must manually unhook the plow and lower it for plowing. For transporting simply lift the blade, one side at a time, onto the push frame. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How can the SnowSport plow operate without hydraulics? The blade is secured by the push frame. As you push the snow, the blade travels up and down as needed by gravity pushing the snow with the rubber cutting edge and aluminum blade. The rubber cutting edge is designed to cut through the snow but pass over the harder ground surfaces below and be gentle on grass. When you back up, the blade automatically lays back, skimming over the surface. Then you drive forward and the blade re-engages for plowing.
- How well does the rubber cutting edge hold up? The rubber cutting edge is 1" thick 6" tall - made of a hard rubber compound. This has been tested and proven to provide years of service. It can be replaced relatively inexpensively.
- What is the warranty? The plow has a 3-year limited warranty. See the owners manual for details.
- Can I move the SnowSport from one vehicle to another? Yes, the plow can be easily transferred to another vehicle, all you need is a front or rear receiver hitch installed on that vehicle.
- How do I know if the Snowsport plow will work for my vehicle? The SnowSport plow will work on virtually any compact or full size SUV or pickup. All you need is a front or rear 2" receiver hitch. Please note we recommend for the front hitch you use the SnowSport brand. If a front hitch is not available in the SnowSport brand, you can use a rear 2" hitch or have a hitch shop build you one. The 2" hitch just needs to be between 9" to 16" off the ground.
- How much does the plow weigh? The aluminum blade is about 100 lbs. The push frame is about 65lbs and the angling interceptor is 35lbs.
How It Works
The SnowSport HD plow offers an easy, at home no drill installation (some front hitch mounts may require minor drilling). The installation manual is clear cut and easy to read. For additional information, please see the installation instructions and videos below. You can always give us a call toll free if you have any questions or if you just want to chat.
Related Articles (9)
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.5|
|Price / Value||4.6|
|193 Customer Reviews|
|Realtruck was true to their word. Fast shipping, great product and great quality. Only a couple of people reviewed this poorly. They are wrong. This product held up to everything mother nature could throw at it. I live in Cleveland Ohio and we got a good amount of snow this 2014/2015 winter. Plowed through all types of conditions. It handled the heavy wet snow with the same amount of ease as the dry fluffy stuff. I used it on short driveways, long driveways and even plowed my street once because the city plow was taking too long and everyone was getting stuck! For the price and ease of use, this plow is fantastic. The absolutely only negative that I can say is that you can't back drag snow from your garage. So you need to start from your garage to clean your whole driveway. I also plowed several of my neighbors driveway throughout the season and all were extremely grateful. The quality and construction is top notch. After this season, shows little to no wear. The price is not bad for what you are getting and the plow will more than likely outlast your own vehicle. I just wish I could have bought one of these a few years earlier.|
|I only had a couple chances to use it this year but it looks like it will do the job....just don't hit a tree or hard object, I don't think the frame/plow will stand up....other than that it plowed out my 100 yard drive really good and I was warm for the first time plowing the drive out......|
|I bought this plow for my hubby to install on his Jeep Unlimited. We have a long driveway, and I felt bad for him on freezing cold days, spending hours snow-blowing the drive. So, I put a bug in his ear, and got him to comment on which plow he would pick if he could have one. He picked this one. So, I surprised him and had it shipped to his place of business for Christmas. |
He is mechanically inclined, so the installation was fairly easy.
We have had a few snow events here in SW Michigan this winter, finally. (We didn't think he'd ever get to use it!) He loves going out and letting the Jeep warm up and going out and getting the drive in a matter of minutes, rather than the hours it used to take. The operation and use is pretty basic and uncomplicated. Great plow for the price.
I scored big points with this! He has gotten many comments and many questions. People are amazed that he was able to put a plow on a Jeep! But, the low weight of it is perfect for the front end of his Jeep. He brags on the plow, and his wife. :) Yesterday a guy asked about it. He told the guy, "It's a cool plow, but, my wife is cooler. She picked it out and bought it for me on her own." :)
I would definitely recommend this for anyone not needing a commercial plow that is easy to install and easy to use.
|I have 4 driveways to clear at 7300 ft in New Mexico mountains. I used a loader and a backhoe at different times for last 20 yrs. I sold my backhoe and my loader is very hard to get going when it 10 degrees and blowing with its hydrostatic drive, this blade is the perfect solution, and the diesel trucks will go in any weather. The day after I had it bolted up, I cleared my own cirlcle drive and soon after had to do all for diveways again, so I've tested it-my son's road is private(no county maintenance) so I work on it for 1/2 mile or so, too. The plow is better than expected, a rare thing these days.|
|Assy was pretty easy, drilling and driving self tapping screw a little more than I expected. Impact driver was a big help. assay of mount could have been slightly clearer on which was front side vs backside.|
Only used once so far, off pavement did ok, on first pass remove ~2" of 3" and 4" of 8" so requires multiple passes on deeper and packed snow.
|1st time use was to clear 24" of light snow in my 700' long driveway. I took my time and it did a great job. Now, a week later I just cleared 6" with ease. I found there is no reason to get out and lift the blade when I'm turning around, just back up and it rides right over any snow you haven't plowed. As soon as you start going forward it's plowing again. |
The right side rubber is starting to bend in and the bottom rubber is starting to bend slightly. I'll see how it fairs after a few more snow falls.
If it hangs in there it is well worth the money. I'll post my results come spring. Right now I'm loving it!
|When plowing you can't tell the plow is there. It does not beat the vehicle up. The rubber is holding up good. I would buy again. I did not put the sides on. I wish it would angle more.|
|Item delivered as described on the website. Excellent customer service too.|
|I have about 16000 sf of space to plow plus my own taxi way . works great and solid.|