SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
- Mounts easily using either a front or rear 2” receiver hitch
- Put it on or take it off in just in a few minutes
- Works with essentially any pickup truck, sports utility vehicle, or Jeep
- Made with heavy-duty aluminum
- Features a rubber cutting edge
- Will not obstruct headlights
- Order comes complete with a 7’ or 8’ blade assembly, push frame, and angling interceptor
- Plow may be purchased with or without receiver hitch
- Made in the USA - Jamestown, ND
The SnowSport HD Utility snow plow is made to be effective, efficient, and lightweight. Its simple, no nonsense design gets the job done without any hassle. Durably constructed and covered by a three year warranty from the manufacturer, this is an investment you can feel good about making that's going to make life in the wintertime a lot easier for years to come.
Whether you own a truck, Jeep, or SUV, there's a SnowSport HD Utility snow plow for you. Take your choice of either a 7' or 8' blade, and once you receive your order, installation is a breeze and requires no drilling into your vehicle. The blade also features a rubber edge, keeping your plow safe to use on a variety of surfaces including gravel, cement, or black top. It also won't damage grass surfaces.
Less of a pain than a snow blower and much less strenuous than shoveling by hand, the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow makes snow removal easier and more enjoyable. Rather than braving the cold, you can sit in the comforting heat behind the driver's wheel. The included angling interceptor allows you to set the blade at your choice of three different angles without worrying about blocking your headlights.
Keeping your path clear in the winter is made simple with the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow. It's capable of moving even the highest drifts and is equally effective against light powder, heavy slush, and everything in between. Get yours today and be prepared before the next snow storm hits.
|PLOW MODELS||HD Utility Plow||HD Utility Plow||LT Utility Plow|
|Weight||105 lbs / 127 lbs||105 lbs / 127 lbs||56 lbs|
|Push Frame Size||31" Wide x 23" High||31" Wide x 23" High||31" Wide x 18" High|
|Cutting Edge Material||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Angling System||3 Position Manual Angling Blade||3 Position Manual Angling Blade||Fixed Position Blade|
|Wings (Box Ends)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pre-Assembled||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour|
|Finish||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum|
|Storage||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included|
|Warranty||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components|
Note: If a mount is not available for your vehicle, check out Curt or Draw-Tite Front Mount Receiver Hitches.
The SnowSport HD snow plows are custom made to order. Custom built "made to order" products are non-returnable except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please call 877-216-5446.
The SnowSport HD requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the SnowSport Install to my vehicle? The SnowSport utility snow plow attaches to a 2" front or rear receiver hitch. The push frame for the plow just hooks up like a ball mount. Note the hitch needs to be from 9" to 16" off the ground for ideal operation.
- Is a front or rear 2" x 2" receiver hitch needed? Yes: If you don't already have a 2" hitch, A SnowSport brand 2" front hitch can be included with your order. Note: for Jeep & Ford F250+ SuperDuty applications, if you want to use a front mount - the SnowSport brand is required. For 2" rear receiver hitchs, any 2" receiver hitch will work provided it is between 9" to 16" off of the ground.
- How difficult is it to assemble and install the snowSport snow plow? The SnowSport blade and push frame are easy to assemble. Plan about 30-45 minutes depending on your mechanical skill.
- How difficult is it to install a front receiver hitch mount? The front end hitches are designed to bolt in place on most models - occasionally, certain models my require drilling. The instructions are clear cut. The front receiver hitch is mounted to the vehicle and the push frame is plugged into the front recevier hitch. The plow simply hangs on the push frame.
- Can I install the SnowSport plow myself? Yes: The instructions are clear cut. If you do need assistance, call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Our customers overwhelmingly say "it was simple and easy to install". The front hitch varies from vehicle to vehicle.
- How is the SnowSport plow shipped? It is shipped via UPS/ Fed Ex ground. The blade is in one box, the push frame is in one box, and the angling interceptor is in another box. We select the best shipper possible depending on where you live.
- How easy is the SnowSport plow to hook-up or un-hook between jobs? It's very easy. Just insert the push frame into the front receiver hitch and secure with pin. Then hang the blade one end at a time onto the push frame (can be done in less than a minute). Unhooking is just a easy. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How do you switch from transporting to plowing or from plowing to transporting? The operator must manually unhook the plow and lower it for plowing. For transporting simply lift the blade, one side at a time, onto the push frame. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How can the SnowSport plow operate without hydraulics? The blade is secured by the push frame. As you push the snow, the blade travels up and down as needed by gravity pushing the snow with the rubber cutting edge and aluminum blade. The rubber cutting edge is designed to cut through the snow but pass over the harder ground surfaces below and be gentle on grass. When you back up, the blade automatically lays back, skimming over the surface. Then you drive forward and the blade re-engages for plowing.
- How well does the rubber cutting edge hold up? The rubber cutting edge is 1" thick 6" tall - made of a hard rubber compound. This has been tested and proven to provide years of service. It can be replaced relatively inexpensively.
- What is the warranty? The plow has a 3-year limited warranty. See the owners manual for details.
- Can I move the SnowSport from one vehicle to another? Yes, the plow can be easily transfered to another vehicle, all you need is a front or rear receiver hitch installed on that vehicle.
- How do I know if the Snowsport plow will work for my vehicle? The SnowSport plow will work on virtually any compact or full size SUV or pickup. All you need is a front or rear 2" receiver hitch. Please note we recommend for the front hitch you use the SnowSport brand. If a front hitch is not available in the SnowSport brand, you can use a rear 2" hitch or have a hitch shop build you one. The 2" hitch just needs to be between 9" to 16" off the ground.
- How much does the plow weigh? The aluminum blade is about 100 lbs. The push frame is about 65lbs and the angling interceptor is 35lbs.
How It Works
The SnowSport HD plow offers an easy, at home no drill installation (some front hitch mounts may require minor drilling). The installation manual is clear cut and easy to read. For additional information, please see the installation instructions and videos below. You can always give us a call toll free if you have any questions or if you just want to chat.
Related Articles (5)
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.6|
|Price / Value||4.6|
|174 Customer Reviews|
|This plow does work and doesn't need a 3/4 ton truck and hydraulics to do it. Good value|
|As fate would have it there was no snow after I purchased the plow. The quality of the plow is excellant and the assenbly wasn't too hard if you have power tools.|
The weight of the interceptor is a little much but as I am in my 70s I can still manage it with a little inginuity. Waiting for snow to give it a good test.
|Winter of 2013-14 in Maine was severe. Storm after storm avg. 18-24" each event. And lasted forever! This plow was a Godsend, an "Angel". Esp. when the snow blower died at the end of the last storm. This plow stood the test! Best investment "evah"!|
|Real Truck was awesome! I will probably be purchasing other accessories for my truck through them now. The shipping was incredibly fast and the customer service was great! |
The plow itself is excellent! It does take a bit of time and patience to put together. I'd say probably a couple of hours of dedicated labor to put together (I didn't have an impact driver, which would have been helpful, but did use an air ratchet when I could).
The only real disappointment I had with this set up is with the Curt receiver. I mounted the receiver exactly how the directions showed, but the washers they sent were not lock washers. If you've ever owned a motorcycle or lawn tractor, you understand the importance of these nifty little washers (since vibrations knock everything loose). 10 minutes into trying it out, I pushed some snow up a small bank and the receiver shook loose, but not before pulling my threaded frame holes into a bent mess. I remedied the issue by getting stainless steel bolts, locking washers, and locking nuts, but I do feel if I spend over $1500, they should be capable of sending the $1 worth of locking washers to ensure the plow's attachment to the truck.
Overall, though, I'm very happy with my purchase. I've moved a lot of snow very quickly. I have a 40% grade uphill driveway, and this plow does the job very efficiently. What used to take over an hour to do with a snowthrower now is done in 10-15 minutes, and done from the heated cab of my pickup.
Very happy with it. You will be too, just make sure to get those lock washers (or get the receiver welded to the frame)!
|I havent had a chance to use the plow. If the plow works as well as the installation it will be great. The installation was easy. All the parts were there, instructions were spot on and it only took about an hour and a half. Everything fit perfectly. It seems like a very well constructed unit.|
|Ship really fast. Love how fast and easy it is to put the plow on and take off....seconds. Bought this plow cause i live on a gravel road and have a gravel driveway.....belive the ad said the plow is good for gravel and turf. Works really good if there is a lot of snow cause there is a lot of weight pushing on the plow.....but if its a light snow the plow bounces around and feels like my bumper is going to get tore off and is very loud..... until there is a pile of snow to keep the blade from bouncing around....may just be a down fall for living in the country where the roads are uneven and bumpy. But either way it does get the job and i am happy that i get to stay warm in my truck and it is faster than my tractor.May work better on a smooth surface but i am not moving to the city to find out.|
|This is a great, very easy to use blade. We have a very long driveway in the country. It very flat and blows shut and drifts easily. We had been paying $80 per plow to have it cleaned. This plowed paid for itself this winter and gave us the ability to keep our drive cleared instead of waiting for someone else to show up. Neither my husband or I have plowed before, but had no problems at all using it. We paid our mechanic to mount it, so I can't speak to how easy it was to install. He only charged us for an hour and a half to put it on. It's easy to lift up, drop down, take off or adjust at an angle as needed. My only regret is that we didn't discover it sooner.|
|This plow is one of the best plows I have ever owned. It was easy to put together. I did use a impact gun to install the self tapping bolts but everything else was a perfect fit. I have used the plow many times already this winter and it operates just like it was advertised. The best part is that there is no electric or hydraulic parts to deal with.|
|I cannot say enough good things about this plow, but I'll try. This is a must buy for anyone on the market for cheap easy snow removal.|
I just purchased a home in a suburban area, my driveway is approx. 30ft wide by 90ft long, and I also needed to clear a truck's width path about 100ft long across my lawn to my shed out back. I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab.
I debated a snowblower, hydraulic plow, and this plow. My budget ruled out a hydraulic plow, and this setup is nearly the same price as any decent sized 2-stage blower, so I decided to give this a whirl. Realtruck.com is amazing and gave me a $75 promotion with my purchase so I got a free bedliner with my purchase of a hidden front hitch receiver, plow mounting hardware, and plow. What a steal! Everything lined up and went together extremely fast and easy. Especially if you have an air gun or impact, the plow assembles fast (otherwise plan on some sore forearms from wrenching self-tapping bolts into alluminum). Within 4 hours I had 100% of everything assembled and ready.
This was by FAR the worse Michigan winter in the last 30 years. The snow hit hard and heavy early in the season with no thaws at all - something like 160 inches of snow. To be blunt, I tried to beat the living daylights out of this plow. I put it through its paces HARD; moving piles of snow so deep they were over the hood of my Z71. Sometimes I needed to push my snow piles back - with a 10mph running start I could smash the snow, move it all back, and the plow took it. Incredible strength and quality.
Early in the season my wife noticed how easily I could lift the plow on and off (only about 100lbs) and she commented "that thing will never make it through a winter". Well, spring is here, I beat the H@LL out of this thing for 4 months, and it looks like it did when it came out of the box.
I tease everyone with a snowblower because now I clear my driveway and my neighbors driveway in about 10 minutes flat from the comfort of a warm truck cab.
BEST WINTER PURCHASE EVER! I highly recommend.
|So far so good. We have a long driveway and the ability to tilt it to one side to release the snow is important. A straight ahead blade would be a problem in our situation. I use it straight when clearing a lot, tilted when clearing the driveway. Then straight again on the driveway during the final pass to smooth it out. |
Snow does tend to pack down underneath so though it's smooth now, it's probably 6-10" deep packed. I wonder how that will be when it warms up and the snow gets soft. Hope we'll be able to just plow the slush at that point.