SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
- Mounts easily using either a front or rear 2” receiver hitch
- Put it on or take it off in just in a few minutes
- Works with essentially any pickup truck, sports utility vehicle, or Jeep
- Will not obstruct headlights
- Order comes complete with a 7’ or 8’ blade assembly, push frame, and angling interceptor
- Plow may be purchased with or without receiver hitch
- Made in the USA
The SnowSport HD Utility snow plow is made to be effective, efficient, and lightweight. Its simple, no nonsense design gets the job done without any hassle. Durably constructed and covered by a three year warranty from the manufacturer, this is an investment you can feel good about making that's going to make life in the wintertime a lot easier for years to come.
Whether you own a truck, Jeep, or SUV, there's a SnowSport HD Utility snow plow for you. Take your choice of either a 7' or 8' blade, and once you receive your order, installation is a breeze and requires no drilling into your vehicle. The blade also features a rubber edge, keeping your plow safe to use on a variety of surfaces including gravel, cement, or black top. It also won't damage grass surfaces.
Less of a pain than a snow blower and much less strenuous than shoveling by hand, the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow makes snow removal easier and more enjoyable. Rather than braving the cold, you can sit in the comforting heat behind the driver's wheel. The included angling interceptor allows you to set the blade at your choice of three different angles without worrying about blocking your headlights.
Keeping your path clear in the winter is made simple with the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow. It's capable of moving even the highest drifts and is equally effective against light powder, heavy slush, and everything in between. Get yours today and be prepared before the next snow storm hits.
SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
|Blade Width||84" or 96"|
|Weight||Approx. 115 lbs|
|Cutting Edge Material||Rubber|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Lift System||Free-Floating, Must be Manually Raised for Transport|
|Angling System||2 Position Manual Angling|
|Wings (Box Ends)||No|
|Pre-Assembled||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour|
|Finish||Anodized aluminum with black powder coated frame|
|Storage||Manually remove for storage|
|Warranty||1 Year on Plow Parts; 3 Years on Cutting Edge|
Note: If a mount is not available for your vehicle, check out Curt or Draw-Tite Front Mount Receiver Hitches.
The SnowSport HD snow plows are custom made to order. Custom built "made to order" products are non-returnable except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please call 877-216-5446.
The SnowSport HD requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the SnowSport install to my vehicle? The SnowSport Utility Snow Plow attaches to a 2" front or rear receiver hitch. The push frame for the plow just hooks up like a ball mount. Note the hitch needs to be from 9" to 16" off the ground for ideal operation.
- Is a front or rear 2" x 2" receiver hitch needed? Yes: For 2" Front Receiver Hitch we suggest you order the SnowSport Brand 2" Front Receiver Hitch. (Note: for Jeep & Ford F250+ SuperDuty applications, if you want to use a front mount - the SnowSport brand is required). For 2" Rear Receiver Hitches, any 2" receiver hitch will work provided it is between 9" to 16" off of the ground.
- How difficult is it to assemble and install the snowsport snow plow? The Snowsport Blade and Push Frame are easy to assemble. Plan about 30-45 minutes depending on your mechanical skill.
- How difficult is it to install a front receiver hitch mount? The front end hitches are designed to bolt in place on most models - occasionally, certain models my require drilling. The instructions are clear cut. The front receiver hitch is mounted to the vehicle and the push frame is plugged into the front recevier hitch. The plow simply hangs on the push frame.
- Can I install the SnowSport Plow myself? Yes, the instructions are clear cut. If you do need assistance, call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Our customers overwhelmingly say "it was simple and easy to install". The front hitch varies from vehicle to vehicle.
- How is the SnowSport Plow shipped? It is shipped via UPS/ Fed Ex Over Size 3 and sometimes it is also shipped via common carrier (truck freight) The blade is in one box, the push frame is in one box, the angling interceptor is in one box and the hitch is in one box. We select the best shipper possible depending on where you live and from which warehouse the SnowSport ships from.
- How easy is the SnowSport Plow to hook-up or un-hook between jobs? It's very easy. Just insert the push frame into the front receiver hitch and secure with pin. Then hang the blade one end at a time onto the push frame (can be done in less than a minute). Unhooking is just a easy. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How do you switch from transporting to plowing or from plowing to transporting? The operator must manually unhook the plow and lower it for plowing. For transporting simply lift the blade, one side at a time, onto the push frame. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How can the SnowSport Plow operate without hydraulics? The blade is secured by the push frame. As you push the snow, the blade travels up and down as needed by gravity pushing the snow with the rubber cutting edge and aluminum blade. The rubber cutting edge is designed to cut through the snow but pass over the harder ground surfaces below and be gentle on grass. When you back up, the blade automatically lays back, skimming over the surface. Then you drive forward and the blade re-engages for plowing.
- How well does the rubber cutting edge and box ends hold up? The rubber cutting edge is 1" thick 6" high - made of a hard rubber compound. This has been tested and proven to provide years of service. It can be replaced relatively inexpensively.
- What is the warranty? The plow has a 3-year limited warranty. See the owners manual for details.
- Can I move the SnowSport from one vehicle to another? Yes, the plow can be easily transfered to another vehicle, all you need is a front or rear receiver hitch installed on that vehicle.
- How do I know if the Snowsport Plow will work for my vehicle? The Snowsport Plow will work on virtually any compact or full size SUV or pickup. All you need is a front or rear 2" receiver hitch. Please note we recommend for the front hitch you use the Snowsport Brand. If a front hitch is not available in the Snowsport brand front receiver hitch you can use a rear 2" hitch or have a hitch shop build you one. The 2" hitch just needs to be between 9" to 16" off the ground.
- How much does the plow weigh? The aluminum blade is about 100 lbs. and the Push Frame is about 65lbs. The interceptor is either 20lbs for the straight interceptor or 35lbs for the angling interceptor.
- Anodized 6063-T6 alumium extruded blade
- 7' wide x 18" high x 3" thick (8' Blade is 8' wide)
- Heavy duty 1" thick rubber cutting edge
- Includes two blade markers
- Blade weight approx. 110 lbs.
- Shipping weight ~ 225 lbs. including front mount
How It Works
The SnowSport HD plow offers an easy, at home no drill installation (some front hitch mounts may require minor drilling). The installation manual is clear cut and easy to read. For additional information, please see the installation instructions and videos below. You can always give us a call toll free at 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906.
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.6|
|Price / Value||4.6|
|135 Customer Reviews|
|I like the quality. Took longer than expected to assemble. About 4 hours to install hitch on truck. And another 4 hours to put together the plow. Good thing I am mechanically inclined and have tools. Now I am waiting for the snow so I can try it. Put on a 2008 chevy 1500 pick-up. Installation instructions could have been more detailed.|
|This plow & the hitch frame arrived in unbelievably short time. Easy to assemble by 1 person. Finally got to use it Thanksgiving eve. On paved driveway, it squeegeed completely clear. On dirt road and stone driveway, it cleared without tearing up the surface. Great plow!|
|Shipped quickly and without incident. Just finished the install today with no problems. Great product that is well engineered. Now all I need is snow. Steven Gross - Celina, OH.|
11-14-2013: Have been using for some time now. Am purchasing a second mount for my newest truck. Did not want to sell this plow with my last truck. It is a great tool for the price.
|A lot of thought went into this design, especially having to be assembled. I was impressed how everything fit together, like the self tapping screws holding the side wings on. I thought that would be tough but it was right on. The aluminum lengths are heavy and corrugated and the rubber is firm and thick. This blade is much stronger than it looks in the picture and there is nothing flimsy about it. The entire blade assembly is around a 100 lbs. It's everything they claim it is construction-wise. I would recommend it for anyone who doesn't want or can't afford hydraulics.|
Now.....if only they would let it snow here I could see how well I know it is going to perform...
UPDATE 4/2 > the plow worked great this winter but not without things to learn. You won't get a clean swipe unless you use the strap to reef it down, without it the blade hops occasionally depending on the roughness of the ground and will leave unplowed snow. I found it a real PIA to keep undoing the strap to travel and rehooking to plow. I even tried using 2 separate boat tie down straps but they did not work as good as one long one. The problem that arises is the strap must be disconnected in order to raise the plow and hook it. The good news is with the strap it plows pretty good. Despite this I would still get it again not being able to afford a hydraulic.
|Why did`nt I have one of these ages ago?? Works excellent for private drive. Put it together mysely in less than a hour and on the truck. I live on a dead end street and they plow snow only on way (75foot wide )straight accross the street to me. I have been able to move it all with no problem. It is very easy to put down or up or angle. I burn wood and put it in through a door on the back side of my house. I use to use a 24" snowblower, not any more, as long as the ground is frozen. I now can plow around the house with out digging up even a spear 0f grass. Ten minutes and I am done with what use to take at least a couple of hours to do and I am nice and warm and not all covered with snow! Priceless - I would highly recommend to any one|
|The appearance and the ease of the install was pretty stright forward, al in all I couldn't beat the price and the value of this plow. I am looking forward of many years use.|
|This plow works great. we get a lot of heavy lake effect snow and it is no problem for this plow. I researched this plow for two years before I bought it. I was looking for three things from this plow. First I didn't want to spend $4000 to $5000. Second didn't want a plow that was as heavy as conventional plows and third it had to be high quality. I wasn't sure about the quality until I received it and I have to say it is very high quality. It took a couple of hours to install, no big deal for me, but you do need two people. I have a quite long driveway that is dirt and does not pick up stones and does not scrape up my grass. As the other reviews have said if you are thinking about this plow, get it you won't be sorry!|
|nice smaller snow plow|
|I'll start by saying that we have not had enough snow for me to use this product. This review is strictly about the purchase and installation of this product.|
Real Truck's website was very easy to navigate. I found just what I was looking for, a simple, easy to use snow plow for use at my home only, AND custom fitted to my 2001 Jeep Wrangler. I found it here at a great price. The order was processed immediately and the plow arrived at my doorstep 4 days later.
Installation was easy to moderate difficulty. You must have the right tools. Thankfully I did. You will also have to do some drilling on the plow to finish out the custom fitting. The folks at RT marked the location where I had to drill, saving me the hassle of having to measure everything. It took me about 2 1/2 hrs to complete by myself.
|Product was very good. Customer Service was exceptionally good.|