SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
- Mounts easily using either a front or rear 2” receiver hitch
- Put it on or take it off in just in a few minutes
- Works with essentially any pickup truck, sports utility vehicle, or Jeep
- Made with heavy-duty aluminum
- Features a rubber cutting edge
- Will not obstruct headlights
- Order comes complete with a 7’ or 8’ blade assembly, push frame, and angling interceptor
- Plow may be purchased with or without receiver hitch
- Made in the USA - Jamestown, ND
The SnowSport HD Utility snow plow is made to be effective, efficient, and lightweight. Its simple, no nonsense design gets the job done without any hassle. Durably constructed and covered by a three year warranty from the manufacturer, this is an investment you can feel good about making that's going to make life in the wintertime a lot easier for years to come.
Whether you own a truck, Jeep, or SUV, there's a SnowSport HD Utility snow plow for you. Take your choice of either a 7' or 8' blade, and once you receive your order, installation is a breeze and requires no drilling into your vehicle. The blade also features a rubber edge, keeping your plow safe to use on a variety of surfaces including gravel, cement, or black top. It also won't damage grass surfaces.
Less of a pain than a snow blower and much less strenuous than shoveling by hand, the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow makes snow removal easier and more enjoyable. Rather than braving the cold, you can sit in the comforting heat behind the driver's wheel. The included angling interceptor allows you to set the blade at your choice of three different angles without worrying about blocking your headlights.
Keeping your path clear in the winter is made simple with the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow. It's capable of moving even the highest drifts and is equally effective against light powder, heavy slush, and everything in between. Get yours today and be prepared before the next snow storm hits.
|PLOW MODELS||HD Utility Plow||HD Utility Plow||LT Utility Plow|
|Weight||105 lbs / 127 lbs||105 lbs / 127 lbs||56 lbs|
|Push Frame Size||31" Wide x 23" High||31" Wide x 23" High||31" Wide x 18" High|
|Cutting Edge Material||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber||1" Thick Rubber|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Angling System||3 Position Manual Angling Blade||3 Position Manual Angling Blade||Fixed Position Blade|
|Wings (Box Ends)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pre-Assembled||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour|
|Finish||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum||Anodized Aluminum|
|Storage||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included||Storage System Not Included|
|Warranty||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components||1 Year on Plow / 3 Years on Rubber Components|
Note: If a mount is not available for your vehicle, check out Curt or Draw-Tite Front Mount Receiver Hitches.
The SnowSport HD snow plows are custom made to order. Custom built "made to order" products are non-returnable except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please call 877-216-5446.
The SnowSport HD requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the SnowSport Install to my vehicle? The SnowSport utility snow plow attaches to a 2" front or rear receiver hitch. The push frame for the plow just hooks up like a ball mount. Note the hitch needs to be from 9" to 16" off the ground for ideal operation.
- Is a front or rear 2" x 2" receiver hitch needed? Yes: If you don't already have a 2" hitch, A SnowSport brand 2" front hitch can be included with your order. Note: for Jeep & Ford F250+ SuperDuty applications, if you want to use a front mount - the SnowSport brand is required. For 2" rear receiver hitchs, any 2" receiver hitch will work provided it is between 9" to 16" off of the ground.
- How difficult is it to assemble and install the snowSport snow plow? The SnowSport blade and push frame are easy to assemble. Plan about 30-45 minutes depending on your mechanical skill.
- How difficult is it to install a front receiver hitch mount? The front end hitches are designed to bolt in place on most models - occasionally, certain models my require drilling. The instructions are clear cut. The front receiver hitch is mounted to the vehicle and the push frame is plugged into the front recevier hitch. The plow simply hangs on the push frame.
- Can I install the SnowSport plow myself? Yes: The instructions are clear cut. If you do need assistance, call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Our customers overwhelmingly say "it was simple and easy to install". The front hitch varies from vehicle to vehicle.
- How is the SnowSport plow shipped? It is shipped via UPS/ Fed Ex ground. The blade is in one box, the push frame is in one box, and the angling interceptor is in another box. We select the best shipper possible depending on where you live.
- How easy is the SnowSport plow to hook-up or un-hook between jobs? It's very easy. Just insert the push frame into the front receiver hitch and secure with pin. Then hang the blade one end at a time onto the push frame (can be done in less than a minute). Unhooking is just a easy. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How do you switch from transporting to plowing or from plowing to transporting? The operator must manually unhook the plow and lower it for plowing. For transporting simply lift the blade, one side at a time, onto the push frame. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How can the SnowSport plow operate without hydraulics? The blade is secured by the push frame. As you push the snow, the blade travels up and down as needed by gravity pushing the snow with the rubber cutting edge and aluminum blade. The rubber cutting edge is designed to cut through the snow but pass over the harder ground surfaces below and be gentle on grass. When you back up, the blade automatically lays back, skimming over the surface. Then you drive forward and the blade re-engages for plowing.
- How well does the rubber cutting edge hold up? The rubber cutting edge is 1" thick 6" tall - made of a hard rubber compound. This has been tested and proven to provide years of service. It can be replaced relatively inexpensively.
- What is the warranty? The plow has a 3-year limited warranty. See the owners manual for details.
- Can I move the SnowSport from one vehicle to another? Yes, the plow can be easily transfered to another vehicle, all you need is a front or rear receiver hitch installed on that vehicle.
- How do I know if the Snowsport plow will work for my vehicle? The SnowSport plow will work on virtually any compact or full size SUV or pickup. All you need is a front or rear 2" receiver hitch. Please note we recommend for the front hitch you use the SnowSport brand. If a front hitch is not available in the SnowSport brand, you can use a rear 2" hitch or have a hitch shop build you one. The 2" hitch just needs to be between 9" to 16" off the ground.
- How much does the plow weigh? The aluminum blade is about 100 lbs. The push frame is about 65lbs and the angling interceptor is 35lbs.
How It Works
The SnowSport HD plow offers an easy, at home no drill installation (some front hitch mounts may require minor drilling). The installation manual is clear cut and easy to read. For additional information, please see the installation instructions and videos below. You can always give us a call toll free if you have any questions or if you just want to chat.
Related Articles (5)
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.5|
|Price / Value||4.6|
|186 Customer Reviews|
|When plowing you can't tell the plow is there. It does not beat the vehicle up. The rubber is holding up good. I would buy again. I did not put the sides on. I wish it would angle more.|
|Item delivered as described on the website. Excellent customer service too.|
|I have about 16000 sf of space to plow plus my own taxi way . works great and solid.|
|Had to wait for some snow. 5 inches and did drift a little. Worked extremely well. Doesn't dig into the pavement which is the reason I purchased this model. Had up to an inch of ice under the snow in some places, which this product won't remove easily. |
Set up is very easy for a "backyard mechanic." Easy to follow instructions. Parts fit together well. Nothing is perfect so had to tweet it just a little. No big deal at all.
Looking forward to our next snow storm!
|Installed product by myself took about 4 hours had to due some minor drilling and minor modifications to install. I have used it once since installing and it worked great.|
|I am very pleased with how this plow works. I live in the northeast lower peninsula of Michigan, and we see some heavy snow. The best test so far was about a foot of wet snow. Plowed right on through. |
I have only one knock, and that's the screws for securing the bottom rubber after sliding it into the track. Three of the screws snapped as I was screwing them in, when they were just about 1/2 to 3/4 in. They still work to keep the rubber from moving side to side, but if I ever need to replace the rubber I'll have to drill them out.
|I had to put it on the back hitch(receiver) because there is no front receiver for my SUV. It takes a little getting used to plowing backwards, but it worked well on 5" of heavy wet snow, that the snowblower never could move. It's light weight and easy to take on and off. The heaviest part is the mount unit that the plow sits on. Pretty easy to put together with some pushing and pulling required to align holes. Some of the self tapping screws needed quite a bit of ft/lb to turn and tighten completely. Quality seems good and looks like it will last. Nice being in the SUV with music and heat, instead of out in the teen temps., slogging up and down with the sblower. My 220 ft. driveway with parking area took me about 20 min., and I'm just learning.|
|I live in upstate NY and purchased this plow based on others reviews, well this plow has been a life saver with out having to deal with hydraulics and power wires. This is a super neat plow and has moved up to 3 feet of wet snow without a problem. The rubber blade is a great option for not tearing up my yard and but scrapes down very well. I did not have air tools so I put it together by hand which was some work but is doable, would suggest getting power or air tools to assist though. Overall if you are looking for a plow without spending a ton of money then get this plow it is sure to please.|
|Good Quality,A bit heavy to put fr(but you wont have to, it's tougher than it looks). I can't tell you how I made my downpressure rig, because they won't sell THEIR strap thing, but, It's not hard if you use your head and think about it. Maybe I'll put it on YouTube...if I feel like Sharing my Idea. Anyhow, get this plow if your'e considering it, It WILL do the the job. ame on truck, about 90lbs, but dont have to move it far, so it aint too bad. It plows great,and is durable. I've used mine for about a year, 15+ storms and it hasn't let me down. You should have a friend help with initial assy, but not impossible alone. The mount frame is heavy ( the part you stick into front receiver hitch) and if you cant move 90lbs easily, then you may have an issue. I have a bad shoulder and can do it pretty simply by tilting it back, and guiding it into the receiver, then a quick lift and its inserted. The plow itself is lighter and not a problem, you just install one side then the other. I made a tension system from a couple of pieces of chain and some of those black rubber bungee cords, this was needed for the rain/snow/ice mix we get a lot up here in NH. The slight down pressure the bungees provided was the hot ticket ! I tried the optional strap rig the manufacturer offered but that was basically useless... My spring loaded rig works much better...not hard to figure out if you study theirs, just 'Old New Englander Modified' to work for my application. It works fine without it, but if you want a good scrape with heavy,wet snow you will need some downpressure. Don't be mistaken, this lil guy really moves a lot of snow and is plenty rugged. I've bounced it off stumps,rocks,roots ,concrete, and it can take a good bump when you get to the 'pile" at the end of your run. I have a dirt driveway and it doesn't tear it up like my friends big plow truck does. I have punched through the big snowbank the town plow leaves and it worked fine. You may have to make an extra pass or two to clean everything up if you are a neat freak, but who cares?? you are sitting in your nice,warm truck ! I love this thing and would recommend and would buy another, |