SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
- Mounts easily using either a front or rear 2” receiver hitch
- Put it on or take it off in just in a few minutes
- Works with essentially any pickup truck, sports utility vehicle, or Jeep
- Will not obstruct headlights
- Order comes complete with a 7’ or 8’ blade assembly, push frame, and angling interceptor
- Plow may be purchased with or without receiver hitch
- Made in the USA
The SnowSport HD Utility snow plow is made to be effective, efficient, and lightweight. Its simple, no nonsense design gets the job done without any hassle. Durably constructed and covered by a three year warranty from the manufacturer, this is an investment you can feel good about making that's going to make life in the wintertime a lot easier for years to come.
Whether you own a truck, Jeep, or SUV, there's a SnowSport HD Utility snow plow for you. Take your choice of either a 7' or 8' blade, and once you receive your order, installation is a breeze and requires no drilling into your vehicle. The blade also features a rubber edge, keeping your plow safe to use on a variety of surfaces including gravel, cement, or black top. It also won't damage grass surfaces.
Less of a pain than a snow blower and much less strenuous than shoveling by hand, the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow makes snow removal easier and more enjoyable. Rather than braving the cold, you can sit in the comforting heat behind the driver's wheel. The included angling interceptor allows you to set the blade at your choice of three different angles without worrying about blocking your headlights.
Keeping your path clear in the winter is made simple with the SnowSport HD Utility snow plow. It's capable of moving even the highest drifts and is equally effective against light powder, heavy slush, and everything in between. Get yours today and be prepared before the next snow storm hits.
SnowSport HD Utility Snow Plow
|Blade Width||84" or 96"|
|Weight||Approx. 115 lbs|
|Cutting Edge Material||Rubber|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Lift System||Free-Floating, Must be Manually Raised for Transport|
|Angling System||2 Position Manual Angling|
|Wings (Box Ends)||Yes|
|Pre-Assembled||No, Assembly Takes Approx 1 Hour|
|Finish||Anodized aluminum with black powder coated frame|
|Storage||Manually remove for storage|
|Warranty||1 Year on Plow Parts; 3 Years on Cutting Edge|
Note: If a mount is not available for your vehicle, check out Curt or Draw-Tite Front Mount Receiver Hitches.
The SnowSport HD snow plows are custom made to order. Custom built "made to order" products are non-returnable except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please call 877-216-5446.
The SnowSport HD requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the SnowSport install to my vehicle? The SnowSport Utility Snow Plow attaches to a 2" front or rear receiver hitch. The push frame for the plow just hooks up like a ball mount. Note the hitch needs to be from 9" to 16" off the ground for ideal operation.
- Is a front or rear 2" x 2" receiver hitch needed? Yes: For 2" Front Receiver Hitch we suggest you order the SnowSport Brand 2" Front Receiver Hitch. (Note: for Jeep & Ford F250+ SuperDuty applications, if you want to use a front mount - the SnowSport brand is required). For 2" Rear Receiver Hitches, any 2" receiver hitch will work provided it is between 9" to 16" off of the ground.
- How difficult is it to assemble and install the snowsport snow plow? The Snowsport Blade and Push Frame are easy to assemble. Plan about 30-45 minutes depending on your mechanical skill.
- How difficult is it to install a front receiver hitch mount? The front end hitches are designed to bolt in place on most models - occasionally, certain models my require drilling. The instructions are clear cut. The front receiver hitch is mounted to the vehicle and the push frame is plugged into the front recevier hitch. The plow simply hangs on the push frame.
- Can I install the SnowSport Plow myself? Yes, the instructions are clear cut. If you do need assistance, call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906. Our customers overwhelmingly say "it was simple and easy to install". The front hitch varies from vehicle to vehicle.
- How is the SnowSport Plow shipped? It is shipped via UPS/ Fed Ex Over Size 3 and sometimes it is also shipped via common carrier (truck freight) The blade is in one box, the push frame is in one box, the angling interceptor is in one box and the hitch is in one box. We select the best shipper possible depending on where you live and from which warehouse the SnowSport ships from.
- How easy is the SnowSport Plow to hook-up or un-hook between jobs? It's very easy. Just insert the push frame into the front receiver hitch and secure with pin. Then hang the blade one end at a time onto the push frame (can be done in less than a minute). Unhooking is just a easy. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How do you switch from transporting to plowing or from plowing to transporting? The operator must manually unhook the plow and lower it for plowing. For transporting simply lift the blade, one side at a time, onto the push frame. You can also leave the blade in the transport position on the push frame all winter long.
- How can the SnowSport Plow operate without hydraulics? The blade is secured by the push frame. As you push the snow, the blade travels up and down as needed by gravity pushing the snow with the rubber cutting edge and aluminum blade. The rubber cutting edge is designed to cut through the snow but pass over the harder ground surfaces below and be gentle on grass. When you back up, the blade automatically lays back, skimming over the surface. Then you drive forward and the blade re-engages for plowing.
- How well does the rubber cutting edge and box ends hold up? The rubber cutting edge is 1" thick 6" high - made of a hard rubber compound. This has been tested and proven to provide years of service. It can be replaced relatively inexpensively.
- What is the warranty? The plow has a 3-year limited warranty. See the owners manual for details.
- Can I move the SnowSport from one vehicle to another? Yes, the plow can be easily transfered to another vehicle, all you need is a front or rear receiver hitch installed on that vehicle.
- How do I know if the Snowsport Plow will work for my vehicle? The Snowsport Plow will work on virtually any compact or full size SUV or pickup. All you need is a front or rear 2" receiver hitch. Please note we recommend for the front hitch you use the Snowsport Brand. If a front hitch is not available in the Snowsport brand front receiver hitch you can use a rear 2" hitch or have a hitch shop build you one. The 2" hitch just needs to be between 9" to 16" off the ground.
- How much does the plow weigh? The aluminum blade is about 100 lbs. and the Push Frame is about 65lbs. The interceptor is either 20lbs for the straight interceptor or 35lbs for the angling interceptor.
- Anodized 6063-T6 alumium extruded blade
- 7' wide x 18" high x 3" thick (8' Blade is 8' wide)
- Heavy duty 1" thick rubber cutting edge
- Includes two blade markers
- Blade weight approx. 110 lbs.
- Shipping weight ~ 225 lbs. including front mount
How It Works
The SnowSport HD plow offers an easy, at home no drill installation (some front hitch mounts may require minor drilling). The installation manual is clear cut and easy to read. For additional information, please see the installation instructions and videos below. You can always give us a call toll free at 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906.
Product Reviews Summary
|Ease of Installation||4.6|
|Price / Value||4.6|
|165 Customer Reviews|
|So far so good. We have a long driveway and the ability to tilt it to one side to release the snow is important. A straight ahead blade would be a problem in our situation. I use it straight when clearing a lot, tilted when clearing the driveway. Then straight again on the driveway during the final pass to smooth it out. |
Snow does tend to pack down underneath so though it's smooth now, it's probably 6-10" deep packed. I wonder how that will be when it warms up and the snow gets soft. Hope we'll be able to just plow the slush at that point.
|Great customers service with the question and concerns I had and fast shipping. Works great on gravel parking lots and it does not moves the gravel around. Great product for the money.|
|This product was somewhat a pain to put together, it took about 2 hours and for the price it should come pre-drilled. I had to measure some spots myself because whoever put the SHARPIE marks on from the factory clearly didn't measure with a tape. That being said now to the PERFORMANCE. Over all this plow works surprisingly well. I have plowed 12in of fluff and about 7in of wet sticky snow and it works in both. When I bought the plow I was concerned with it being able to push banks up. Even though it doesn't push them as high as my old fisher plow, I still have made banks as high as the roof of my Toyota Tundra due to the plow being able to slide up on the push bar. Now to the CONCERNS I have about the plow. I have used it all year and it has done well, I have plowed about 10 storms and the rubber cutting edge is holding up good, and it is warrantied for 3 years but if I ever have to replace it its VERY EXPENSIVE for a piece of rubber (a little over $300) just something to think about. Also I plow along side a rock wall and I am wondering what is going to happen the day a accidentally catch a bolder? I have a feeling I might twist the frame if this ever happens. The ONLY thing I miss about my fisher plow vs. the snowsport is that when I had the fisher plow on and someone was stuck on a hill, I would drop the blade and push them a path to free them but its to much work with the snowsport.|
OVERALL if you are looking for a cheaper plow and one that pretty much anyone can use and its mostly for just your driveway then I would recommend this plow. I am happy with the performance for the most part.
|I am using the plow on a Jeep Cherokee for plowing a small church parking lot. Got to test it out on one of the snowiest Michigan winters on record (2014) and it performed perfectly. It handled everything that came, including some 8 to 10 inch dumps combined with big drifts. The parking lot is asphalt millings and the plow does an excellent job of picking up the snow and not the millings. It arrived quickly and in good condition. My only complaint is that it was a real pain to install. The ad said there would be no drilling - not true. I had to drill into my frame. That being said this is a super great product and I am very happy with my purchase. No more snow blowing for me!|
|Great tool for home owners drive way! Also got to help some friends.|
|Assembly was a snap. Watched a couple videos on YouTube from the manufacture that really helped. I have a Jeep Rubicon with a 2 inch lift and my 2" receiver is much higher in a custom bumper - so I had to use a 14 hole Pintle mount instead of the mount that came with the unit - that's a weakness - this mount is not as strong as what comes with the unit and sometimes bends if I hit a snow bank at an angle - if you use a lower height receiver (one that fits in the manufacturer's specs) you'll have no issues. I live in Massachusetts - we got hit with several snow storms this year and this plow handled them all - I had no problem pushing a foot of snow right down my 150' driveway! It was fun watching the mountain of snow build up in front of the Jeep as drove down the driveway! I used 4wd high, cranked up the heat & radio and stayed warm and happy as I took care of the driveway in less than an hour - then helped out 3 neighbors with their driveways! Selling my snow blower this month - I'll never go back!|
|Bought this plow after reading many reviews - that's why I decided to write a review myself. This product definitely lived up to expectations. We have had 12 snow storms this year in CT so far and this plow has worked great -- even in 12" of heavy wet snow! Easy to put together, quality materials, easy on and off truck. Reak truck was great to deal with -- I recommend this plow without reservation!|
|I was looking for a way to plow snow and not push all of my rock off into the grass when I came upon this product and it really works great! The front hitch was an exact fit to my pick up and was on in a snap. The blade went together easily and the instructions were well written really easy to follow. All of the materials are high quality and are showing hardly any ware. I push three tenths of a mile of lane and a long drive as well as the grassy area around my shop building without tearing up the grass like a fixed blade would do. I'm VERY happy!|
|The curt mount went on perfect,no drilling. We got 5" of snow so i got to use the snowplow before season was over. I plowed my drive and my mom and dads and it works great. Im glad I bought this maintenance free plow that acts like a big plow for alot less money.|
|I purchased this plow for Christmas for my husband. We needed to have the hitch installed by a dealer..it was only $50 and well worth it. The plow was easy to assemble...my husband and 17 year old daughter did it within an hour. It's easy to use and does a great job. My husband loves it and is grateful he doesn't have to snowblow our large driveway any longer. Great product and a great price.|