Meyer Home Plow 23250
- QuickLink mounting system utilizes a Class III 2” front receiver hitch (sold separately)
- No hardware is left in sight when plow is detached, allowing your vehicle to maintain a clean appearance
- Choose from three different fully-assembled or two unassembled models
- Once receiver hitch is installed, plow can be mounted and dismounted in under a minute without needing extra tools
- Made in the USA - Cleveland, OH
If you're tired of getting snowed in during the winter and want a better solution than a shovel or a snow blower, then the Meyer Home Plow is like a dream come true. With the easy to operate Quick-Link mounting system and options available to fit a broad range of trucks and sports utility vehicles with a 2" front receiver hitch, this personal snow plow is the hassle-free way to make snow removal quick, efficient, and maybe even fun.
The Home Plow from Meyer is meant to make your life easier when big blizzards hit. Once your receiver hitch is installed, putting the plow on your vehicle and taking it off can be accomplished in less than a minute. When the plow isn't mounted, there is no connecting hardware left visible on your vehicle, allowing your ride to retain a neat and clean appearance.
When it comes to picking the right Meyer Home Plow for you, there are three options to consider. You can order one with an electrically powered lift with wireless controls, which can be moved up or down using a wireless control unit that can snap conveniently onto a key chain, and utilizes Meyer's own Auto-Angling system for left and right movement. The hydraulically powered lift comes with wireless and wired controllers, and is slightly quicker than its electric counterpart. For full remote control, you'll want the fully hydraulically powered option.
Constructed using 14 gauge steel with a width of 80", the blade on the Meyer Home Plow is also built to push a lot of snow without accepting any sass. It's tough, made to last, and will tirelessly serve you for years without giving up or breaking down. When the snow comes down hard and you've got places to go, you don't have time to mess around with anything less.
Order your Home Plow by Meyer today and score free shipping from RealTruck.com. You'll be laughing in winter's face in no time, comfortably seated behind the wheel of your vehicle in warmly heated comfort.
|Weight||241 lbs||241 lbs||241 lbs||408 lbs|
|Cutting Edge Material||Steel||Steel||Steel||Steel|
|Attachment System||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch||2" Front or Rear Receiver Hitch|
|Lift System||Electric Worm Drive||Hydraulic Motor||Hydraulic Motor||Hydraulic Motor|
|Angling System||Automatic||Automatic||Hydraulic Motor||Hydraulic Motor|
|In-Cab Control||Wireless Key Fob Remote||
Hand Held Control &
Wireless Key Fob Remote
Hand Held Control
Hand Held Control
|Light Kit||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Wings (Box Ends)||No||No||No||No|
|Finish||Black Powder Coat||Black Powder Coat||Black Powder Coat||Black Powder Coat|
|Storage||Attached Wheels for Easy Storage||Attached Wheels for Easy Storage||Attached Wheels for Easy Storage||Attached Wheels for Easy Storage|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
The Meyer Home Plow is a non-returnable product except in the case of warranty. If you have any questions or need help ordering, please give us a call. We want to make sure your plow is ordered correctly to ensure you get the right model for your vehicle.
For a complete plow package, the Meyer Home Plow requires a 2" front receiver hitch. Front hitches are available and sold separately. The Meyer Home Plow requires 8"-16" of clearance from the bottom of your receiver hitch to the ground for optimal performance.
View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
- 2002-2019 Cadillac Escalade
- 2002-2013 Chevy Avalanche
- 1992-1994 Chevy Blazer K1500
- 1995-2005 Chevy Blazer
- 1988-1998 Chevy C/K Pickup 1500
- 2004-2012 Chevy Colorado
- 2015-2019 Chevy Colorado
- 1994-2004 Chevy S10 Pickup
- 1999-2006 Chevy Silverado 1500
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 1500 Classic
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 1500 New Body
- 2008-2018 Chevy Silverado 1500
- (2019) Chevy Silverado 1500 Legacy (2018 Body Style)
- 1992-2019 Chevy Suburban
- 1995-2019 Chevy Tahoe
- 2002-2009 Chevy Trailblazer
- 1998-2011 Dodge Dakota
- 1998-2009 Dodge Durango
- 2011-2013 Dodge Durango
- 1994-2018 Dodge Ram 1500
- (2019) Dodge Ram 1500 Classic (w/ 5-Lug Wheels)
- 2005-2012 Ford Escape
- 1997-2019 Ford Expedition
- 1997-2005 Ford Explorer
- 2007-2015 Ford Explorer
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- 2007-2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- 1992-2003 Ford F150
- (2004) Ford F150 Heritage
- (2004) Ford F150 New Body
- 2005-2019 Ford F150
- 1992-2011 Ford Ranger
- 2010-2014 Ford Raptor
- 2017-2019 Ford Raptor
- 1988-1998 GMC C/K Pickup 1500
- 2004-2012 GMC Canyon
- 2015-2019 GMC Canyon
- 1992-1999 GMC Jimmy K5
- 1994-2001 GMC Jimmy S15
- 1999-2006 GMC Sierra 1500
- (2007) GMC Sierra 1500 Classic
- (2007) GMC Sierra 1500 New Body
- 2008-2018 GMC Sierra 1500
- (2019) GMC Sierra 1500 Limited (2018 Body Style)
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma
- 1992-1999 GMC Suburban
- 1992-2019 GMC Yukon
- 2000-2019 GMC Yukon XL
- 2006-2007 Hummer H3
- 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee
- 2006-2010 Jeep Commander
- 2002-2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler
- 1997-2019 Jeep Wrangler
- 2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT
- 2007-2019 Lincoln Navigator
- 2007-2008 Mercury Mountaineer
- 2005-2019 Nissan Frontier
- 2005-2012 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2004-2019 Nissan Titan
- 2005-2012 Nissan Xterra
- 2010-2011 Ram Dakota
- 2010-2018 Ram Truck 1500
- (2019) Ram Truck 1500 Classic (w/ 5-Lug Wheels)
- 2009-2012 Suzuki Equator
- 2007-2019 Toyota 4Runner
- 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
- 2001-2019 Toyota Sequoia
- 2001-2019 Toyota Tacoma
- 2000-2019 Toyota Tundra
Frequently Asked Questions
HOME PLOW Frequently Asked Questions
How much snow will the Home Plow handle? The Home Plow is designed to handle up to 8" - 10" of snow, but keep in mind, even at the professional level, the vehicle you drive and condition of the snow will determine how much snow your plow can remove. Snow conditions often vary due to the weather conditions which can affect the density of snow. In addition, snow consistency can change over time. As with any snow clearing device, the quicker the snow is removed DURING the storm, the easier snow is to manage. It is important to remember, plow WITH the storm, not after it!
What if the plow hits something when plowing? The Home Plow is designed to “trip” when the plow comes into contact with an object or obstacle. The tripping action allows the plow to tilt/spring forward and glide over the obstacle. Once the plow is over the obstacle it automatically returns to the plow position. The “trip” action allows the plow to automatically detect the obstacle and pass over it without damaging the vehicle.
What is back-dragging? Back-dragging is a snowplow technique that allows the plow to operate when the vehicle is in reverse. This technique is often use to clear snow in front of a garage door or is frequently done on the second push or pass.
How fast can I plow? The maximum plowing speed is 5 mph. The Home Plow is designed for home-owner use and is not intended for commercial applications. Plowing over the maximum allowable speed will place added stress on the plow which can lead to poor performance and may damage the plow and/or mounting system.
Can you upgrade the Auto Angling Home Plow to Power Angling? No, the Power Angling version requires a completely different operating system which will not work with the Auto Angling model.
What if I want to over-ride the Auto Angling Feature? Simple. The Auto Angling model comes with a standard locking pin that allows the operator to lock the unit in full right or left position when/if needed.
What are snow shoes & what do they do? Shoes are mounted on the back of the blade, a.k.a., moldboard and allow the operator to create a space/gap between the cutting edge and ground. The shoes actually engage the surface as opposed to the cutting edge. This space/gap is sometimes needed depending on the surface being plowed. Gravel roads, pavers, and/or special decorative driveways are examples where shoes may be utilized.
What can I do if the unit stops lifting the plow up and down? The Home Plow is designed to allow the end-user to transport the vehicle in any emergency situation. The operator simply raises the moldboard creating slack in the chain. The chain is set in the lowest position thus securing the plow safely above the ground ready to transfer to the nearest service location.
Can I install the Home Plow myself? Yes. Installation is simple and the easy to read pictorial instructions are intuitive. Typically, the front mount hitch can be installed in under an hour depending on experience level. The actual plow attaches in minutes with NO drilling required.
How difficult is it to wire the product to my vehicle? Very easy. The Home Plow is powered by the battery. Simply hook the Home Plow wires to the positive and negative terminals and you’re done, no splicing or cutting required.
How much maintenance is required? Very little maintenance. The operator needs to periodically check the hydraulic oil level, make sure there is adequate dielectric grease on the plug connectors. Annually, spring tension should be checked, make sure all connections are tight and cutting edge is within operational tolerance.
I already have a front receiver hitch can I use it? The Home Plow is designed to work with a Class III 2” front receiver hitch. There are many manufacturers that make Class III 2” hitches. The Home Plow is designed to operate on OEM original equipment specifications. Vehicles that have been altered with aftermarket equipment may not meet these requirements.
Product Reviews Summary
|Price / Value||4.8|
|Ease of Installation||4.8|
|6 Customer Reviews|
Part #: MEY-23250 Posted on
Part #: MEY-23250 Posted on
|It took a bit to put together but once that was done, it is fantastic! It is super easy to take off and on the truck. It has changed our lives when the snow hits. No more worries about snow blowing, we just hook the plow up and are done in less than 15 minutes!|
Part #: MEY-23250 Posted on
|Very nice plow, well worth the $. Get rid of the junk remote and hard wire the controller. It’s too slow to respond and the signal sucks|
Part #: MEY-23250 Posted on
|Really is as amazing as they made it out to be.|
1 Year Warranty
The HomePlow, warrants to the original purchaser of HomePlow brand products that they will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase to only the original owner.?003f003f The HomePlow will repair any product that proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. In the event repair is not possible or practical (as determined by The HomePlow in its sole discretion), The HomePlow will either replace the product with a new product of similar model and price, or refund the full purchase price, as determined by The HomePlow. Customer must keep the HomePlow System serviced/maintained as recommended by The HomePlow. A written record of service must be maintained, along with receipts for maintenance materials purchased. A copy of the maintenance record and pertinent receipts may be requested in the event of a claim.
This warranty does not cover:
- Problems caused by failure to follow the product instructions, failure to maintain the product as described in the Operator’s Manual, or failure to maintain proper levels of lubricants
- Problems caused by contamination or restriction of lubricant systems, or damage resulting from rust, corrosion, freezing or overheating
- Paint, or expendable snow plow parts such as pins, wheels, cutting edges, chrome plating and springs
- Damage to any vehicle to which the products are mounted
- Damage caused by usage that is not in accordance with product instructions, usage in an commercial or heavy duty environment (use of the snow plow for any purpose other than plowing snow is considered misuse and abuse)
- Any snow plow, or any part which has been modified or altered
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by Meyer Products
- Cost of tax, freight, transportation or storage charges, environmental charges, solvents, sealants, lubricants or any other normal shop supplies
- Problems caused by collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, or any other Acts of God
- Liability for damage to property, or injury to, or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance or use of the covered product
Products with missing or altered serial numbers
Your new Meyer personal snow plow is delivered right to your door with easy to follow instructions to help you get plowing as quickly as possible. If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns about this or any other plow we offer, please don't hesitate to give us a call.
|Meyer 23150 Installation Instructions|