Pace Edwards PowerGate Tailgate Lock LK280
- Fast, easy, and effective way to lock your truck tailgate
- Works with tonneau covers, lids, or toppers
- Stainless steel backing plate and slide bolt with nylon guide block
- Optional switch kit available for vehicles without power doors
- Plug n play wiring harness included
- Prevents tailgate theft
- No-drill install
- Made in the USA - Centralia, WA
The Pace Edwards PowerGate electric power tailgate lock will lock your pickup tailgate the fast, easy, and convenient way with your existing pickups keyless remote. Lock your tailgate every time you lock your doors and prevent tailgate theft! This lock works great if you have a truck bed cover, lid, or topper.
The PowerGate™ tailgate locks easily wire into your existing power door lock system using the plug and go wiring harness that is included. No drilling is required on most applications. The PowerGate™ tailgate locks includes stainless steel backing plate and slide bolt with nylon guide block. An optional switch kit is available for vehicles without power locks. This is one power tailgate lock you can rely on day in and day out.
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 1500 New Body
- 2008-2013 Chevy Silverado 1500
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 2500 New Body
- 2008-2014 Chevy Silverado 2500
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 3500 New Body
- 2008-2014 Chevy Silverado 3500
- (2007) GMC Sierra 1500 New Body
- 2008-2013 GMC Sierra 1500
- (2007) GMC Sierra 2500 New Body
- 2008-2014 GMC Sierra 2500
- (2007) GMC Sierra 3500 New Body
- 2008-2014 GMC Sierra 3500
Product Reviews Summary
|Price / Value||4.0|
|Ease of Installation||3.6|
|5 Customer Reviews|
Part #: PEI-LK280 Posted on
|This produce is cool but I am not sure it is secure like I would have liked. It is only a facade. A screw driver to move the lock or pop the tailgate bezel and you are in. Not secure like the pop and lock. I wouldn't buy it again because it is not secure at all.|
|This product was exactly what it reported to be. If you have any mechanical ability at all it will be easy to install. The directions provided were very acurate and easy to follow. I am impressed at how it works and it fullfills my needs for being able to lock my tailgate and protect the contents inside the box.|
|Well designed unit, easy to install. Poor quality lock mechanism.
Has already failed after two weeks.
Will be trying one more, if it fails also, will return.
|Installation was simple and described. Unfortunately the detail of how the lock works is not described. Rather than activating the factor lock (which disengages the handle, thus locking it, this product throws a steel pin across 1/2 of the tailgate handle preventing it from being pulled open. As the pin only blocks 1/2 of the handle though, the handle when pulled while locked will pull partially open on the right side. The tailgate won't open, but it doesn't feel very secure and I get the sense that if someone pulled on it hard enough, then handle would simply break. The design clearly has room for improvement.|
3 Year Warranty
Pace Edwards offers a three year warranty on the Powergate Tailgate Lock.
The Powergate tailgate lock can generally be installed in about an hour. Below are examples of some of the parts installation instructions. For additional information, please call 1-877-216-5446 or 701-253-5906.
|Pace Edwards Chevy GMC Powergate Tailgate Lock Installation Instructions|
|Pace Edwards Ford Powergate Tailgate Lock Installation Instructions|