Shocker Hitch Suspension Ball Mount Towing System SH-620-250
- Air Suspension Ball Mounts: The Air shocker has a capacity of 12,000 lbs of towing. Fits into standard 2" receiver hitch tube. The air bag sits under receiver tube. Adjust the air pressure for the best ride and load control. Easy to attached and adjust. 5lbs of air pressure per 100 lbs on tongue weight. Available individually and can also we ordered with a variety of ball mount adapters.
- Many Ball Mount Adapters: Standard, multi-ball, raised, drop and pintle hook.
- Standard Ball Mount: Works best in most applications. Drop range is 1/2" to 3-1/2". (hitch ball sold separately).
- Combo Ball Mount: This adapter has both a 2" and a 2-5/16" hitch ball welded to a single adaptor. Drop range is 1/2" to 3-1/2".
- Raised Ball Mount: Used when tongue height is high or when receiver height is low. Drop range is +2" to -1".
- Drop Ball Mount: Used when tow vehicle has a high ride or trailer has a low tongue. Drop range is 4-1/2" to 7-1/2". Pintle
- Hook Ball Mount: A common hook up used on construction trailers. Drop range is 2-1/2" to 5-1/2".
- Easy To Use Design: The air shocker and standard shocker are easy to use and install. Make towing easy and your ride comfortable.
- Made in the USA - Arthur, North Dakota
Air Suspension Shocker manufactured by Shocker Hitch. The Air Shocker Hitch receiver hitch air suspension ball mounts for heavy duty towing and trailer applications. Featuring the Shocker damping action. The shocker hitch air ride cushion makes towing simply and eliminates vibrations, constant bumping, jerking and so forth. The air hitch Shocker is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. The Air Shocker mounts by sliding into a two-inch receiver tube. The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Another benefit from our air ride Shocker hitch is it can be used as a tongue scale, 5lbs air pressure per 100lbs tongue weight. Provides comfort with a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs all the thump, thumps. Since the Shocker air hitch model works as tongue scale, you can remove the guesswork from load balancing ! Order one today and ride safer on your next trip. Save money by reducing trailer breakage! The Shocker air hitch model helps absorb the bumping and vibration experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment. Improve vehicle control and increase safety. Plus add life to your vehicle by reducing wear and tear on driveline.
Order NotesNote: Hitch Balls Sold Separately (except with combo ball mount)
View Available Part Numbers For This Product Line
- 1999-2006 Chevy Silverado 2500
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 2500 Classic
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 2500 New Body
- 2008-2014 Chevy Silverado 2500
- 2001-2006 Chevy Silverado 3500
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 3500 Classic
- (2007) Chevy Silverado 3500 New Body
- 2008-2014 Chevy Silverado 3500
- 1991-2018 Chevy Suburban
- 1995-2018 Chevy Tahoe
- 2010-2018 Dodge Ram 2500
- 2010-2018 Dodge Ram 3500
- 2010-2017 Dodge Ram 4500
- 2010-2017 Dodge Ram 5500
- 2007-2016 Ford F250
- 2007-2016 Ford F350
- 1999-2006 GMC Sierra 2500
- (2007) GMC Sierra 2500 Classic
- (2007) GMC Sierra 2500 New Body
- 2008-2014 GMC Sierra 2500
- 2001-2006 GMC Sierra 3500
- (2007) GMC Sierra 3500 Classic
- (2007) GMC Sierra 3500 New Body
- 2008-2014 GMC Sierra 3500
- 1992-2018 GMC Yukon
- 2000-2018 GMC Yukon XL
- 2004-2018 Nissan Titan
- 2010-2018 Ram Truck 2500
- 2010-2018 Ram Truck 3500
- 2010-2017 Ram Truck 4500
- 2010-2017 Ram Truck 5500
- 2000-2018 Toyota Tundra
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much air do I put in? A: With your trailer hooked up to the tow vehicle, and loads positioned for transport, air up shocker until main frame rotates and lightly compresses top bushing.
Q: Where do I get the air? A: The air shocker requires a very small volume of air (less than a volleyball) You can use an air hose from a shop or gas station, tank or 12 volt pump or my favorite, a foot pump (sold for less than $12.00 at retail stores)
Q: How long will it hold air? A: This is a sealed system that will hold air for weeks or months. If you haul the same trailer with the same load weight, it should be good for quite some time.
Q: How do I know if it will fit my truck? A: We have made sure that the air shocker will fit into Ford, Chevy, Dodge and SUV’s. There are some clearance issues with the Chevy Envoy, Ford Explorer and some service body vehicles where the body extends below the receiver tube. In most of these situations the standard shocker will fit.
Q: How far below my pickup does the air shocker hang? A: Four and one half inches below bottom of receiver tube.
Q: How often do I grease it? A: The grease does not just lube the pivot; it also keeps water and dirt out. You cannot over grease it, once every few months should do it.
Note: It is important the hitch ball also be greased to reduce wear and improve function.
Q: Does this work like an equalizer hitch? A: No
Q: How does it work? A: The air shocker is like a teeter totter. One end is an air bag, a pivot in the middle, and a ball at the other end. This gives a “pillow” effect at the ball end.
Q: Should I tighten up the top jam nut on the shocker? A: No. The air shocker needs at least one half inch of play to work properly.
Q: How much does the Air Shocker weigh? A: The Air Shocker weighs 40 pounds.
When used properly these products will make noticeable improvements in your trailer towing quality. Giving both truck and trailer a smoother ride with less trailer fatigue and breakage. Maximum tow weights for Shocker and Air Shocker
Note: Always use a good hitch ball with the proper recommended tow weight.
Shocker w/standard ball mount (1 1/4" hole size) 1,200 tongue weight 12,000 tow weight
Shocker w/drop ball mount (1 1/4" hole size) 1,200 tongue weight 12,000 tow weight
Shocker w/raised ball mount 800 tongue weight 8,000 tow weight
Shocker w/pintle hook 1,200 tongue weight 10,000 tow weight
The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory receiver hitch weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the receiver hitch that is mounted on your tow vehicle.
The Air Shocker may also be used as a handy tongue weight scale for determining proper loading of trailer.
See chart below. Under normal circumstances tongue weight should be at least 10 percent of total towing weight.
Note: It is highly recommended that the hitch ball be greased to reduce wear and improve shocker action.
Do not exceed 100 psi in the air bag, as it may damage the air bag.
Note: If it takes more than 60 psi to compress top bushing this indicates you have more than 1200 lbs of tongue weight.
Product Reviews Summary
|Price / Value||4.0|
|Ease of Installation||5.0|
|1 Customer Review|
|I haul large diesel engines in south Louisiana where a lot of the roads are very rough and this hitch helps out tremendously. it also works great with no load on trailer.|
1 Year Warranty
The Shocker Hitch Ball Mount System is backed by a one year limited warranty. Please contact 1-877-216-5446 for more information.
InstallationThis product offers an easy, at home installation. The installation and set up manual is clear cut and easy to read. For additional information, please see the installation manual below. You may also call us toll free at 1-866-309-1907 or 701-253-5906.
|Air Shocker Hitch Installation Instructions|